12" HP TM2-2151nr + GTX560Ti@2Gbps+c-EC1 (PE4H 2.4a) + Win8 [Sompom]

Sompom

Hello all,

I would like to submit information for a new hardware configuration! After months sitting on the shelf, I have just connected my nVidia 560TI to my i5-470UM HP TM2-2151nr laptop

First results seem promising. I pushed Skyrim up to Ultra (no mods yet) and the 560TI hardly broke a sweat. However, DOTA2 presumptuously sat at 20FPS no matter what I set the graphics to... I'm downloading the benchmarkers, so I'll edit this post with the results ASAP.

For those wanting to setup this laptop themselves, all I had to do was go into Setup 1.x, save the settings for slot 2 with my WiFi card inserted, then reboot with the eGPU (PE4H) set to 7s delay, enable slot 2 and restore the saved settings. I also disabled the ATI 5450m dGPU. I was able to boot with it enabled, but I have always had raging driver problems where the backlight wouldn't come on, and it is selected by default when the system boots while plugged in. So I just disabled it to avoid trouble :)

I am also able to boot with 4GB of RAM, even without doing PCI compaction. The one time I tried PCI compaction, it crashed Windows 8. My computer takes a long time to boot with the eGPU, so I decided not to try again. Would PCI compaction give me a performance boost?

Edit: The answer to my question seems to be yes. I did a before/after on the Resident Evil Benchmark and I got a few FPS performance boost with the PCI compaction

Thanks,

Sompom

My setup:

Windows 8

HP tm2-2151nr*

Intel i5-470UM 1.33-1.6 GHZ**

nVidia 560TI

4GB RAM

3Dm6: 8781

RESvar: Default settings, DX10 - 23 FPS Fixed test, 35 FPS Variable

*I believe this laptop is basically the same as the tm2-1xxx and the tm2-2xxx. But no promises!

**I haven't really looked yet, but I expect that I'll find this processor a little weak. This could be why DOTA was lagging.

• Thumbs Up 1