M17x-R2 - Overclocking 5870M in CFX causes flickerking

• Founder

I don't know if anybody else is experiencing the same thing as I do but when I overclock my GPUs the external monitor I have connected is flickering like crazy, the only solution I found so far to fix this was to disable the PowerPlay from within CCC under the Power menus but I loose the 3D clocks and I get stuck with 300/400 so it defeats the purpose of overclocking.

If anybody has an external monitor connected to his R2 and can confirm this and found a solution to this problem I would greatly appreciate it.

Same thing happened to me when I was in Iraq. I had an external and ot flickered at every little thing. Like scrolling web pages. One of the reasons I always kept it at stock clocks. Don't have an external since O got back :(

• Founder

Yeah it is mad annoying, I for a change use the latest version of Trixx to overclock instead of flashing the vbios and even if I restore to default clocks the flickering persists...

Yea, if you restart, does it flicker at stock clocks? Id have to restart at stock to prevent flickering. On a side note I ran dual monitors once, dual furmark overclocked and 1.15v and my temps were ok but after 30 sec it zap a card. Temps low 80s and my slave or master went kaput. Instant KIA. Gone but not forgotten. his sacrifice lives on Hahaha

• Thumbs Up 1