General BIOS flash question :3

I have an Acer v3-571, well actually I only have its motherboard (long story). Anyways, I was getting ready to unlock its BIOS using a good old fashioned hex editor when I came across a Russian forum where someone had already done so. The instructions for flashing it require entering BIOS recovery via special key combination upon powering on (Fn + Esc). My only problem is since I only have the motherboard and no onboard keyboard. I have already tried holding Fn+Esc with a usb keyboard, but all that seems to happen is the laptop freezing up.

That aside, I tried replacing the .rom/.bin file in the default BIOS's .exe, but when I extract it there is no .bin or .rom file for me to replace.. So, I saw

made by the same person who posted the unlocked BIOS version, where he ran the insydeflash.exe (it failed since he tried to downgrade BIOS version), went to temp folder in Windows, and found its corresponding folder which does have an .fd file.

My question is, would I be able to take the unlocked BIOS, use it to replace the one in the temp folder, and then proceed to flash as normal by running insydeflash.exe without an increased chance/risk of brick? I know, I know, there is always a risk involved with these things, I just want to minimize the risk although eliminating it would be nice :drunk: