clevo p651se dream come true

kingsknight

Hi all :)

This is my first post. I've always been a laptop gaming and I normally buy a new gaming laptop every 2/3 years but I have always stuck to the well known brands Dell XPS, MSI, Asus ect. My last gaming laptop was a Asus G750 with a GTX765M which was a quite a weak card even with overclocking so I decided to way a while and get myself a the best laptop I could find for £2000 as I saved up for a while.

So I ended up with a clevo p651se :-D I have kitted it out with 32gb of ram 2x 256gb Samsung 840pro SSDs and a M550 480gb M.2 SSD. i7 4720 2.6ghz (locked it at 3.5ghz) with a GTX970M 3gb. I have installed a modded vbios and got my core up to 1560mhz and ram upto 6000mhz by adding 250ma to my core. Load temps are at 72c on the CPU and 75/80 on the cpu after an hour of gaming. I do use a really good cooling board.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4720HQ,Notebook P65_P67SE <<<<<<<<<< Stock

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4720HQ,Notebook P65_P67SE <<<<<<<<<< Overclocked

With the overclocking I'm seeing a good 30% bump in my games fps!

I'm so thankful to this forum for helping me choose this laptop!!! I am honestly blown away by how powerful the thing is and it is sooooooo thin. Much thinner than my GT70!!!

So what do you guys think of my overclock? Is it an alright overclock for this system? Look forward to reading your replies :D

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...