Alienware M17X upfated graphics card from GTX 580m to GTX 780m need HELP!!!!!!

wonhunglow

I've just upgraded my alienware laptop M17x's graphics card from a GTX580m to a GTX780m now i'm no techie when it comes to things like this i thought it'd be a simple case of plug and play with a few driver updates needed....

but alas I've taken the old card out and put the new one (reason i changed it was cause my 580m blew and also took my 2nd hdd with it too ;/ ) but its not as simple as that of course it never is. i now have a picture and my laptop turns on but when i try to go on the nvidia control center it gives me an error message and when i try to download the drivers off the nvidia site it says it gives me an error saying it" could not find a driver for this PC" now I've checked my driver manager under display and the only thing I've got listed there is a vga (which im assuming is the on board chip) so if anyone can help me resolve this problem at all would be very grateful and it would be also appreciated if you could help to speak quite basic and potentially show pictures haha

You will need a moded .inf file...tell me you Hardware Id and I will make a moded inf for u

Hardware Id u can find by entering device manager/ Display adapters / Vga Adapter / Properties / Details / Hardware Ids / Copy paste everything from there into this post.

I will make the .inf for u / Copy the inf in the Dysplay Driver folder in Nvidia Dysplay kit (what you downloaded from nvidia.com or whatever)/ Run setup.exe after/ Install drivers / Thats it.

It will be better if u can tell me what brand is your gtx780m (dell, nvidia, clevo, msi....and so on)

[Guide] Alienware M17xR3 GTX 780M installation

IDT workaround.

Uninstall IDT drivers (Programs and Features) -> reboot -> F8 Safe mode -> uninstall Nvidia drivers DDU/third option

BIOS enable IDT -> Install IDT drivers -> IDT control panel -> Advanced -> check enable power management-> Install nvidia drivers.

--> #1 #3 #25 http://forum.techinferno.com/alienware-m17x-aw-17/4829-780m-gtx-m17xr3-integrated-soundcard-working-again-no-more-usb-soundcard.html#post67790

• Thumbs Up 2