Extorting the Dell Outlet?

Guest bifnewman

Guest bifnewman

The Dell Outlet is advertising the M11x R3 to come with the GT 550m like the M14x. I want a portable machine with long battery life that I can take with me. Can I take advantage of this screw up to get an extra discount?

Don't you just love the stupid naming conventions. No idea about Dell but I doubt it -- from what I remember people tried to do that on Lenovo Outlet, but without success.

BTW, Lenovo Outlet makes similar mistakes. They still owe me 300 MHz on each of my two cores on Thinkpad. ^^

Edited by unreal25
  • Thumbs Up 3

What? You paid for 2.2GHz and only got 1.9GHz? Unbelievable... Go and ask for those 300MHz, now! They should send a technician who does a pinmod on your PLL :D

• Thumbs Up 2

To be precise, they owe me 270 MHz each core (this is from the order e-mail; the model is 7450BP8 but has different CPU):

Product Description Price Qty Total

7450BP8 2.13GHZ 2GB 250GB W7P 649.00 1 649.00

Shipping & Handling: 0.00

Tax: 51.93

Total: 700.93

Payment method: MASTERCARD

... and this is the info in Windows (but its the same in BIOS):

imagered.png

No idea whether its illegal or not tho. But at least I got a pretty good screen (400nit glossy, but outdoor viewable with antireflectivity layers).

Don't think you can do anything if the describe something wrong online, they'll have this all covered in the agreements etc. They'd probably allow you to send it back without having to pay a restock fee, that's it. Nothing you can do about I guess, and even if, it wouldn't be worth the effort.

• 2 years later...