Uh, why is my clevo's GPU fan permanently on now?

Question

Im using the clevo p150sm1b, and it was on the desktop idling with no graphic using programs on. Suddenly i heard the gpu fan's spin up loudly and stay on. Confused, i checked both CPU and GPU temperatures, everything was at about 50 degrees celsius, but the GPU fan was definately on at a high speed for no apparent reason. I restarted, and during the boot sequenec i confirmed that the GPU fan kicked back in and stayed on the entire time. GPU usage is at 0% now according to GPU-Z but the fan is still on at high speed....

So for some reason the GPU fan is on and refusing to shut off...i wasnt even touching the laptop at the time and the fan suddenly turned on for no reason. What is going on?

Assuming the laptop is placed upside down with the back cover off, with both fans closest to you, the fan that is permanently on is the one to your left. Was previously told this was the GPU fan.

P.S. Already using prema's bios mod in case anyone wanted to suggest that.

When the dGPU (AMD/NVIDIA) switches off the EC uses it's last value to keep it spinning. Press "FN" plus "1" twice to let it return to a normal value.

On the Mod BIOS you can also change the "Advanced" - "Switchable Graphics " - PX 5.0 Mode" value in BIOS to BACO mode and the FAN will spin down probably automatically. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Yea ive done that, the problem is the fan is still going at a high speed :(

The fan also starts spinning during the boot up process, and i tried disabling the dGPU in the bios but the fan still stayed on...

It happened to me as well, what I did was to update with the latest stable or beta release drivers for your GPU.

If thats not working you can reinstall your current GPU drivers.

Just use "driver unistaller" tool in safe mode to erase everything:

Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 12.9.9.0