Clevo P157SM-A Fan Control

Erik9519

Hi guys,

I've just bough an XMG P504 and I'm pretty happy with how it runs and with its exceptional performances(4810MQ,GTX 870m), however I've noticed that the way the fans are handled is not very good as you've got basicly 5 levels(Off,Low,Med,High and the manual full speed). I've been looking all around the place to see if it's possible to make a proper fan power curve(like MSI Afterburner) but I haven't been able to find anything so I was wondering, isn't really there anything to do so?

I've tried speedfan but it gives me bsod as soon as I start it...

One more question, I've already been looking at the prema bios and do you guys think it's worth flashing it? Does it actually improve anything or it just gives you bios options?

I plan on overclocking only the video card as there is more than plenty of power on the cpu side for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I went ahead and installed Prema Bios with cool fan profile and it seems to make slightly less noise then stock with the trade off that the fan never turns off when doing non-intensive stuff(web browsing). Still, altough it offers alot of features(and I really mean alot) I haven't seen anything regarding the fans power curves apart from when it asks cool or silent profiles during the flashing.

And dvanwag you were right the install process is really dummy proof.