djdblaster

Hello guys! CLEVO W740SU with Win8.1 64-bit.

I've got 3 questions for this model:

1) I've got this laptop under warranty and would like to replace the keyboard (doesn't register all key strokes) by either Clevo Germany or UK.

2) The laptop throttles a lot on battery. Seen people getting BIOS fixed on other brands like Sager 2740, but I'm not sure if it would cause any damage to mine.

3) Installed Clevo Control Center v8.0153 and it doesn't show Bluetooth option to turn on/off like other things. (On Win7, I don't know CCC version, there was BT option for on/off). To have it turned off, I have to disable it via Device Manager. Any fixes for this?

I'd be happy to cooperate to solve these problems as well as I believe other people have them too.

• 10 months later...

Hello everyone,

just to close this thread with following words:

1) The keyboard has been replaced by Clevo Germany through warranty. Great!

2) Laptop still throttles, but this is normal behaviour in Windows. However, under Ubuntu, it flies on battery, not to mention on AC.

3) Bluetooth has been solved with older version of Clevo Control Center. Works great now

Please mark thread as solved. Thanks.