Clevo P375SM / Sager NP9390 Fan Noise - Need Replacement

lm1z

Hey guys,

The slave GPU fan inside my P375 is giving me some trouble. A few members report odd fan noises but obviously all cases are exclusive of each other.

I popped open the case and disassembled the fan to diagnose the issue. It seems that whenever the fan makes contact with pressure to another object, the fan make a strange buzzing noise.

Hence, when the fan is screwed in properly, the noise occurs. If the fan is removed from its housing and spun freely, the noise does not occur.

You'd like this would be caused by vibration but it seems this isn't the issue and is too ambiguous to try and resolve via the forums.

I've tried searching for the fan part with no luck. Does anyone know a site I should be looking at? Should I call up Sager or Clevo directly?

The laptop was ordered from Xotic PC (from the original owner) just over a year ago, so the manufacturer's warranty is out of date.

Thanks a lot for the help.

Lane