msi gt60 0nd-250us questions

Jkline3410

hi everyone,

New member, I've stalked the forums here for awhile before posting, so first I want to thank everyone for creating such a great forum, its been helpful thus far in my fairing :) . I just got my first laptop (almost out of high school, finally saved up enough money from cooking pizzas to buy one

:Banane21:

), as the title says, i bought a gt60 and I have a few (several) questions.. but before I ask them, I'll give a little background on this laptop. I bought it used off Ebay, (yeah.. probably not super-wise..

:02:

), and it was being sold with a gtx 675m 2gb gddr5.. well, it arrived, and the sticker and all that has the exact specs claimed in the ad, but when i opened up Geforce experience, gpu-z, and system settings (just to be sure), I found that it has a 680m 4gb gddr5 in it. also, its clocked at 771MHz (according to gpu-z). I want to make sure beforehand that I flash the right bios to it, yet the stock speed for the 680m I thought was 719MHz??? so how is it running at 771MHz with the stock bios... (question #1, which bios do i want/need to use for this confused, parts infused laptop?). second question, I just put in my vengeance 1866 RAM, and its not running at 1866, instead its running just below in the 17xx's (cpu-z to figure this out), is that because of the current bios?

Best Regards,

jkline

hi everyone,

New member, I've stalked the forums here for awhile before posting, so first I want to thank everyone for creating such a great forum, its been helpful thus far in my fairing :) . I just got my first laptop (almost out of high school, finally saved up enough money from cooking pizzas to buy one

:Banane21:

), as the title says, i bought a gt60 and I have a few (several) questions.. but before I ask them, I'll give a little background on this laptop. I bought it used off Ebay, (yeah.. probably not super-wise..

:02:

), and it was being sold with a gtx 675m 2gb gddr5.. well, it arrived, and the sticker and all that has the exact specs claimed in the ad, but when i opened up Geforce experience, gpu-z, and system settings (just to be sure), I found that it has a 680m 4gb gddr5 in it. also, its clocked at 771MHz (according to gpu-z). I want to make sure beforehand that I flash the right bios to it, yet the stock speed for the 680m I thought was 719MHz??? so how is it running at 771MHz with the stock bios... (question #1, which bios do i want/need to use for this confused, parts infused laptop?). second question, I just put in my vengeance 1866 RAM, and its not running at 1866, instead its running just below in the 17xx's (cpu-z to figure this out), is that because of the current bios?

Best Regards,

jkline

The gtx680m on msi gt60 core speed is 751 without turbo i think and 771 with turbo button enabled.

Are you talking about the vbios on the card or the bios of the laptop. The vbios on the card can be modified to run at that speed without a reflash, so it's not a huge issue.

My question to you is why are you wanting to flash it anyway?? Is it not doing something right or are you wanting to open up more performance? Either way you just need to flash it with a 680m vbios and you'll be good in most cases. As for your ram, I haven't the slightest idea. I do know that on intel's site the i7 3630 is listed as supporting 1333/1600 Ram so it may be a by product of that.