Y510P screen brightness controls not working in OSX Mavericks

Techmaniaco

I've gotten pretty much everything to work on this y510p ideapad hackintosh I've made.

Everything except the brightness controls. For some reason, I can't change the screen brightness while booted into Mavericks.

Anyone have a solution to this?

You should add a kext to let your fn keys interpret brightness , you need ACPI functions/methods in your DSDT and also you need to inject an efi string probably to get that working.

If you look in preferences under display, do you have a slider to adjust the brightness?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried downloading an ACPI kext for my exact laptop model from insanelymac, and that fixed my sound adjustment issue with the keyboard, but not the brightness adjustment. There is no brightness slider under display, and the monitor has one resolution to pick from, which is the one I forced. I am not using a DSDT. Is that why I cannot find a solution to this?

Yes, you need DSDT methods to read and set screen brightness, but those alone won't work without efi string I guess in your case.

So, besides Q0E and Q0F methods or PNLF device, you need to inject the efi string of your video card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Techmaniaco,

you can set the screen resolution by adding the following lines to your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>IntelAzulFB</key>

<string>12</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1366x748x32</string>

This worked for me.

As for the brightness,

I havent figured that out quite yet either.

Please let me know when you figure it out.

Thanks