Computer won't boot to BIOS, help, freaking out

Aeyix

I just purchased a Clevo P150EM on ebay and have slowly been tweaking it before putting in all of my new hardware. The computer will no longer boot to even the BIOS screen now. It turns on and the fans spin up for a few seconds then it turns back off.

I flashed the vbios with a 1v overvolt mod and the computer worked fine after doing so even when gaming. I then flashed the Prema BIOS mod which flashed fine and the computer would boot and have no isses. I now just installed Intel XTU and required a restart to use. Everything booted just fine. The problem is after applying some changes in XTU to the CPU and RAM it required a reboot so I did so and now the BIOS won't even come up.

Did I brick the system? Is there a way to fix this? Please help!

Edit: Ok, so I switched the RAM from under the kb to near the cpu and it booted but now the mSATA drive doesn't show up, just the HDD.

Edit Edit: I removed the mSATA, and placed it again and now I booted into Windows finally. I'm not sure but did I fry the two RAM slots under the kb? I relaunched XTU and it applied my CPU settings but said it couldn't implement the RAM settings. All I did was change the multiplier so that instead of 1600 it'd be 1866. I didn't change the timings at all. The RAM is rated for 1600. Is that the issue?

Edit Edit Edit: I moved the RAM back to under the kb and everything works again like originally. Does anyone know what the heck happened that prevented booting?

It was probably your RAM setting that caused the issue. I know when I tried clocking the RAM higher on my system (AW m14xR2), it refuses to boot, beeps at me, and eventually decides to reset it's settings / I have to clear CMOS.

Did you change this setting and then it all went downhill? Or was this something you changed inbetween edit 1 and 2?

• Thumbs Up 1

Yea, once I changed the RAM setting in XTU, I hit apply, it told me it needed to restart and let it and that's when it wouldn't boot. I don't know how to reset the CMOS (or what that does exactly) on the P150EM but thankfully pulling out most of the hardware and reseating it seemed to fix the issue. I guess this means I will never touch the RAM again in XTU. I assume this is system based on not RAM based because I will be putting in lower voltage and tighter timing RAM in today.

Thanks, I'll keep this in mind if I get the balls to tweak my RAM again. It's funny, everything I've learned with computers always seems to come from what I believe to be royally screwing something up (I remember the first time I learned to reinstall an OS and freaked out when the resolution was messed up).

Thanks again!

Yeah that's exactly what happens when I clock my ram too high (tried running 2600 at 1.35v, terribad idea; however 2400 was attainable :D). Although for me the BIOS resets itself automatically after 3 failed boot attempts, so didn't have to go through the hassle of doing it manually.