Correct Intel Graphic driver for Y510P (Windows 7)?

maxjohnson

I tried various the Intel graphic drivers from intel.com and lenovo.com, none of them can install, including this one. I tried running with SLI disabled and using modified bios to disable nVidia cards and enable integrated Intel GPU only, the driver still say the hardware isn't found. I now have an 'Unknown device' in Computer Manager, I can only assume it's the Intel GPU.

I'm figuring the issues is due to the nVidia Optimus technology.

Edit: I guess with official bios and ultrabay removed, then the Intel graphic driver would work.

I read that you need to remove the ultrabay card first. But I think using the modified bios, I run into several issues, sometimes with the laptop video won't load, tweaking the bios settings and set it to use Intel card only will load, but then my SSD couldn't detect (unless I switch SATA mode to IDE) and USB drive can't detect in boot selection menu. I think it has to do with the modified bios not being fully compatible, the larger one, which give more bios options.

Is it possible that since when I built the modified bios using my official bios, I was using SLI at that time, so the settings at that time contribute to the modified bios?

Your issues with the Intel graphics should stem from SLI. Considering that the Intel HD gfx is only seen after the2nd gpu is removed and then the y510p is rebooted, it is very likely you may have errors in your mdded BIOS I really hope you backed you original BIOS up first, otherwise you very likely ate you Windows 8 key as well as a fully functioning BIOS. I would suggest that you reflash the original BIOS and try again with the modding of it, this time with SLI completely disabled.