Get background noise, e.g. faint intermittent hissing? Read this

Ixel

Hi all,

So yeah, this faint hissing that some people get with their laptop, sometimes even a slight crackle occasionally, has proven to be annoying to me with wearing headphones. You hear this sound usually when nothing is playing, yet some devices are capable of not producing this background noise.

Anyway, this post will hopefully help you:

- Fix the problem

- Download possibly newer Realtek drivers (this post is oriented towards the ALC665 audio)

Driver date: 2011/6/3, assuming that's year/month/day then that's newer than the Dell driver I believe.

I noticed a big difference when I went to the Playback Devices and disabled all enhancements there. Anyway...

1) Get the latest, and possibly newest Realtek audio driver if you're using ALC665, from Realtek.

2) Go to the Control Panel, Sounds, Playback Devices, Properties of your sound device listed there, Enhancements tab, and then check the 'Disable all enhancements' checkbox. Reboot if necessary and hopefully your hissing won't exist anymore, mine doesn't at least. Hope this helps.

If you try this then please post feedback, if it has helped somewhat, completely, or not at all. I might have just been lucky.

Remember the above is at your own risk. I discovered after disabling all enhancements that re-enabling them doesn't seem to work, unless I have to reboot which is probable. Either that or reinstall the driver.

Edited by Ixel
Typo (evening instead of even)
  • Thumbs Up 3

THANKS BUT WHEN I GO THERE THERE IS NO WAY I CAN DOWN LOAD IT SAYS ACEPT AND THEN TAKES ME TO THE PAGE WERE I CAN CHOUSE BUT NOTHING HAPENDS WHEN I CLIK

COULD YOU SEND ME THE DIRECT DOWNLOAD LINK thaNKS STEVEN