M18xr2 over clocking

muhd86

I have a m18xr2 3920cpu and GTX 675 n Sli .

I's there a way to over clock the CPU without using a unlocked BIOS .

How do u distinguish between locked and unlocked bios .

I know afterburner over clocks the GPU . but what's the limit . also I can't control the fans speed n afterburner orion is greyed out .

I don't want a fancy over clock but 4ghz or 3.7 even is fine .

Any help ..as to which bios options to change for this overcloxk

Sent from my V5 using Tapatalk

You should have level 1-3 overclocking listed in your BIOS already. Just press F2 to get into BIOS while restarting the laptop and enable overclocking level 1-3 which is located under Advanced, Performance, and then overclocking level 1-3. Set level 2 or 3 to get the speeds you are looking for. Exit BIOS saving changes. Fin. It really is that easy.

• Thumbs Up 1

You should have level 1-3 overclocking listed in your BIOS already. Just press F2 to get into BIOS while restarting the laptop and enable overclocking level 1-3 which is located under Advanced, Performance, and then overclocking level 1-3. Set level 2 or 3 to get the speeds you are looking for. Exit BIOS saving changes. Fin. It really is that easy.

Emmm so do all bios come with this options ....

Is it safe to over clock on auto coz I was told that in most cases the system sets up voltages to high .

What's the max oc I van get from this

I have a 3920

Emmm so do all bios come with this options ....

Is it safe to over clock on auto coz I was told that in most cases the system sets up voltages to high .

What's the max oc I van get from this

I have a 3920

i have the same system specs as you do ;-) for controlling of the fan speed use HWINFO64. you can also monitor all the temps, voltages etc. using it.

i'm not sure about how high the system sets the voltages using the level 1-3 overclocking settings, since i set mine manually (but i'm using an unlocked bios). but, before i got the 3920xm i always used level 1-3 oc settings and i never had any problems so far with it.

EDIT: just use hwinfo64, set on of the overclocking profiles (1-3) within bios and check the voltages within hwinfo64 :)

the max oc is depending on your chip, some cpus go higher with lower voltages, some need higher voltages, others achieve higher clockings than others, it's just something to try out while keeping the temps under control, at the moment i keep mine set at 4.4ghz 24/7 using 1.311V, temps are fine - but then again, i used coollaborative liquid ultra on the cpu.

• Thumbs Up 1

That's a good oc on the CPU .

I did level to and it was like 4ghz . I am not sure about the oc on the GPUs though .

I have dual gtx675 . before oc 3dmark 11 was like 7000 now its like 8000 . that's about it I guess .

I have another m18x with dual 680m they get like 10k on almost no oc .

• 3 weeks later...

How can I over clock my CPU 3610qm if I don't have unlocked bios

I just simple want to hit the 4ghz mark with this

I have not done it, but it is my understanding that you can flash the A10 unlocked BIOS (latest that I am aware of) and then a higher, locked version and your settings will transfer - BUT the settings cannot be changed after as they are hidden again.

EDIT: misread your post. Yes, follow this guide if you are asking about the M18X R2. I followed the USB boot guide and flashed via DOS from version A12 (I think it was A12). Just follow the instructions and it should work just fine.