New owner of M14x needs Help 4 Graphics Performance

Hi i just got a brand new M14x and tried to run Crysis 2 with hardcore settings, it feels a little lack with the fast movement thats is key for any FPS so reduce the experience, same happens with Starcraft 2 with Ultra settings, everything becomes so slow, even the game tells me that reduce the graphics for better performance, so what i need to run this games with all the graphic options that the M14x is capable of?? please tell me if a need to do anything else (overclocking,bios,nvidia configuration, battery) ??

I tried the profile application options that are in the nvidia control panel , works better with crysis than starcraft... note: the CPU an ram are fine , even running with hardcore or ultra settings for the games, so this result's strange to me , it seems that the games are not using all the hardware resources... Greetings and thanks for your help..

@Saint - Welcome to T|I. I can only tell you what I know about Crysis 2. Here is what I do to run the game.

1. Use either MSI Afterburner or EVGA Precision to overclock your video card to 750 cpu (shaders should auto overclock as well).

2. Download the Crysis 2 config tool. inCrysis - Crysis Forums / Crysis 2 Advanced Graphics Options Application

3. Install the tool in your crysis 2 game folder.

4. Run the config tool and set the overall preference to EXTREME.

5. Then adjust the following...

a. Set fsaa off and MSAA off

b. Set edge aa off

c. Set AF to off (not needed at 720p or 900p in my opinion)

d. Set SSAO to off as any game that enables this usually brings your video card to a crawl.

e. Set HDR to .5 and Bloom to .5

f. Set mouse smoothing OFF and the mouse smoothing level to ZERO

g. disable intro if you like and toggle crouch (again if you like)

h. I turn off Radial blur and motion blur as I dont like them in games. Up to you if you want to disable or now. Not a big impact on performance.

Save this and apply. You are now playing crysis at extreme looks minus the SSAO and the screen smoothing.

When you run the config tool it will ask for your game install directory.

Also with this your frames at 1366x768 will be usually between 36-50fps. If you are playing at 900p then expect a about 20 percent difference lower.

Good Luck!

Stevenx

• Thumbs Up 2

With any game on the m14x you have many different places for performance tweaks. I dont have a full write-up on m14 performance tweaks but this is what I do.

1. Set nvidia graphic profiles to performance (right click on your screen when no games are open), choose nvidia control panel, adjust image settings with preview, set the slider to performance.

2. Add game executable to what is known as "the whitelist".

Ignore the m11x, same basic instructions.

3. Each game has tweaks that are usually in a config file. You may have to edit these to "fine tune" your performance. I dont have SC2 so you have my apologies that I can't offer much assistance with that one.

Good Luck,

Stevenx

With any game on the m14x you have many different places for performance tweaks. I dont have a full write-up on m14 performance tweaks but this is what I do.

1. Set nvidia graphic profiles to performance (right click on your screen when no games are open), choose nvidia control panel, adjust image settings with preview, set the slider to performance.

2. Add game executable to what is known as "the whitelist".

Ignore the m11x, same basic instructions.

3. Each game has tweaks that are usually in a config file. You may have to edit these to "fine tune" your performance. I dont have SC2 so you have my apologies that I can't offer much assistance with that one.

Good Luck,

Stevenx

Thanks, i tried the everything on Crysis 2 and now runs like i wanted... thanks again..

• Thumbs Up 1