Problem when playing games for extended periods of time . gtx675mx np9150

tapoculos

I currently am using a sager np9150 withe the I7 3630qm. it has the gtx765mx and windows 8.1.

the issue has happens every time i play and intensive game such as skyrim or battlefield 3. the computer will act normal and even overclock fine withe msi afterburner. the gpu clock stays at 758mhz clock speed. when in game if something loads or happens it will sometimes turn the gpu clock speed down to 325mhz. my memory speed stays the same and my usage is still pegged at 100%

my temperatures are not going above 80c and i am not running a custom vbios. i tried windows 7 and the same thing happened.

in order to fix the 325mhz issue i have to restart the computer, but in another 30 mins of game play or so it will down clock again. any help would be appreciated! :)

I'm talking about my 675mx. Its a great card and the temps stay low, but i don't quite understand if its the one causing the down clocking.

Update: I installed the custom vbios for my card (gtx675mx clevo) made by svl7. Im glad to report i have golden silicon and reached stable and cool temps even at 1.1ghz and a 650mhz boost on the memory. Still even when under-clocking through msi afterburner the card will revert to 324mhz after 30-60mins. I guess i will try the prema's bios mod?

I installed prema's BIOS but to no avail. i still ran into the down-clocking problem. Sorry if i'm not giving any helpful information.

There is now throttle in main BIOS & the svl7 Mod should get rid of it on the vBIOS side.

BTW: Since you installed the Prema Mod, your system now has gained full Intel XTU OC support! ;)

The reset is usually triggered by instability through the OC Software & Driver. Also the Intel iGPU driver may interfere and reset the OC when switching to Optimus for whatever reason.

So updating those may also help. :)