MSI GT70 Will Not Power On

Alcione

I have an msi gt70 (i7 3610QM) notebook that wont power up. it shut down in the middle of doing something. Now when I go to power it up the power button flashes white once then nothing happens. Battery is fully charged and have tried it with and without battery installed. voltage from mains power supply is ok.

Anyone else had this problem? Anyone know how to fix it?

Before you ask, nothing had changed for many days in config or installed software etc.

Its only 3mths out of warranty!

thanks

Strange and maybe personal question.... Did you purchase the GT70 with a credit card. If so you may have extra warranty rights from your credit or bank card if purchased that way. If so I would call the card issuer and check into it. if not try reseating the CPU, memory and graphics card. I have brought more than one computer back to life after doing this when I ran my PC repair shop. Sometimes even just removing the motherboard from the chassis and reinstalling it can bring a machine back to life although I

• 3 weeks later...

I would remove the battery unplug the laptop from power source. and if its out of waranty i would open the bottom find the bios battery and pop that out as well and fully reset the laptop.

the bios could be messed up atm.

also unplugging it from power and pulling battery and holding the power button may drain the power entirely from they system if the board is experiencing a power issue.

try these 2 things . also when you have it open check for any pop'ed capacitors and make sure all the connectors are pushed in firmly. reseat your ram and cpu ect. could be degraded connections.

good luck!