3630qm very hot

MrCat

Hi,

I've noticed my 3630qm cpu being around 60-70 degrees celcius idle (performance mode), 55 degrees celcius at energy saving mode, and it will go straight up to 100 degrees celcius during an intentisive task.

Haven't even seen it going into turbo mode (it's enabled in the bios), just sits there at a max of 2400mhz, I can use throttlestop to get it to 3.4ghz, goes straight up to 100c. Maybe a problem with the fans not doing their job right? Max tdp is 45watt but It's not even going over 29 watt using throttlestop to get it at 3.4Ghz

Because of the cpu being so darn hot it cap's my 7970m gpu.. When using throttlestop to get my cpu at 3.4Ghz I get a much higher GPU load, fps can actually DOUBLE then, giving me the performance the 7970m should give me, but the cpu temperatures hit 100 after a minute of gaming, so i shut throttlestop off right away. => gpu load goes from 80ish to 40ish again => fps is a joke.

I'm on the unlocked a11 bios, checked all my drivers. I've been having windows warnings about compal embedded system control driver missing but uninstalling and installing an older version of st microelectronics 3 axis digital.. removed that warning. I've kinda ran out of ideas here..

Any advice?

Meow

I've dusted the fans and am now using throttlestop and hwinfo because the fan speeds we're waaaay to low, I can now reach idle cpu temperatures of +- 35 degrees celcius, i'm going to repaste as well.

Throttlestop seems to be the only way to get higher gpu loads..