W230ST beeping after bios update

bore

Hello,

Just updated the bios from W230ST / NP7330 | Prema Mod and all went well apart from a very loud beeping noise. I went in to the bios and set the ram speed to 1600mhz is there anything else i should be changing.

If i go in to the bios and wait 1min it started beeping and all indicator lights flash on the keyboard. This last 2min the the pc will shut down by its self. Sounds like something is getting hot.

If i log in to windows all seems ok until you put the laptop under a slight load then the beeping starts again and follows the same process as the bios does.

Any advice would be good :upset:

spec

i7-4800MQ (2.70GHz)

8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS 1600MHz

gtc765

250gssd

If you read the incl. "readme" you will find that the beep is described in there as "normal" behavior (if coming from an old EC) and the solution being to remove the Power Cord after the system shuts down after a completed flash.

It has to do with changes Clevo made in the EC, which result in no/altered temperature readings and are interpreted as an overheated system which results in a thermal shutdown unless being reseted through the removal of AC power for 30 seconds. ;)

EDIT: A little tip! Connect headphones when doing the flash to avoid the beep waking everyone at home. ;)

EDIT 2:

After that you could for example boost your RAM speed by going into BIOS and after pressing F3 to load setup defaults set the RAM speed to 1866Mhz and then "save & exit".

Mind to keep the PSU connected whenever loading setup defaults or making changes to the RAM speed, to make sure the system auto-resets, without having to pull the CMOS battery, in case the RAM can't take a certain Overclock.

Thanks worked.

Like to say thanks to prem the bios resolved the following issues.

1. Resolution was not scaling correctly (Now works)

2. USB 3.0 ports re-connection consonantly (Now works fine)

4. boot button is more responsive

5. getting better performancece in games extra 10-20fps

6. massive improvement in fan control.

To be honest i am still noticing improvements. Looking back now can believe how bad it was.

10/10 Great job

Thanks worked.

Like to say thanks to prem the bios resolved the following issues.

1. Resolution was not scaling correctly (Now works)

2. USB 3.0 ports re-connection consonantly (Now works fine)

4. boot button is more responsive

5. getting better performancece in games extra 10-20fps

6. massive improvement in fan control.

To be honest i am still noticing improvements. Looking back now can believe how bad it was.

10/10 Great job

I went to the first link to install all intel drivers bar the USB 3.0. User the auto detect and install the latest drivers there (you have to use IE)

Intel® Driver Update Utility

Then i used the following link for the USB 3.0

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3467&DwnldID=22824&ProductFamily=Software+Products&ProductLine=Chipset+Software&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+USB+3.0+eXtensible+Host+Controller+Driver〈=eng

Hope this helps

• 1 year later...