Help Me With a Little Doubt about Compatibility MSI MS-16F2 x VGA PLEASE!!!

r1p

Hi for all,

I have a notebook called avell (a brazilian trade whitebook). The configuration is: i7 2670qm processor and the motherboard is a MSI MS-16F2 that I think be (16F231-004) maybe I dont have certain.. because I lost my VGA (GTX570m) for bad use. In my city the only VGA that I found was a GTX 660M. And my doubt is about this! My motherboard and processor are compatible with this VGA (GTX 660M)? Or I go have be a problem?

I am brazilian and...

Sorry by my english!

• 1 month later...

Hello sir,

I checked on MSI's "Notebook Product Specification" page and it lists the GPUs available for that model as:

• 937-16F231-012:

NVIDIA® Geforce GTX570M, 1.5GB GDDR5 VRAM

• 937-16F231-004:

NVIDIA® Geforce GTX560M, 1.5GB GDDR5 VRAM

• 937-16F231-002:

NVIDIA® Geforce GTX460M, 1.5GB GDDR5 VRAM

It kind of looks like the motherboard is not compatible with higher NVIDIA GeForce series :( I'll keep checking in to it to see if there's something I don't understand, but so far it's looking like a GTX 660m might not be viable. It's always good to go to the manufacturer's site first to check compatibilities :) I'll keep checking, however.