Best BIOS for W230ST ?

sakelob

Prema - 1st of all, thanks for your amazing work.

Secondly - I was wondering if you could share exactly what you did to achieve that 5409 3Dmark 11 score? I've updated the BIOS on my W230ST to your "Prema Mod v1", and I noticed that it also flashed the BIOS for the GTX765m as well. However, I can't really see where anything has changed with regard to the speed of the 765m. Anyway, if this has already been answered, I apologize. Just point me in the right direction - it would be most appreciated!

Thanks again...

2400mhz?

How to do?

XTU?

Directly via BIOS Mod

Prema - 1st of all, thanks for your amazing work.

Secondly - I was wondering if you could share exactly what you did to achieve that 5409 3Dmark 11 score? I've updated the BIOS on my W230ST to your "Prema Mod v1", and I noticed that it also flashed the BIOS for the GTX765m as well. However, I can't really see where anything has changed with regard to the speed of the 765m. Anyway, if this has already been answered, I apologize. Just point me in the right direction - it would be most appreciated!

Thanks again...

The Mod will unlock the 765M so that you can overclock with software like nvidiainspector.

Then I overclocked the system RAM in BIOS to 2133Mhz and raised the cpu multis also by two steps.

All in BIOS, but you can also use Intel XTU Software to raise the CPU multis.

:Banane03: prema id your team release specification or manuel for your new bios 05PM1, we will learn more about it , and know how to configurate the bios, please work on it
Yes I agree with jacky803, it would be nice to go through a tutorial on the Prema's new bios mod for the W230ST so that we can optmum for MAXIMUM performance.

Thanks a lot guys.

HTWingNut is going to walk us through the Mod once his kids give him the time to do so...so probably AFTER Halloween... :)

Prema, How much did you overclock your GTX765m to get that 3dmark11 score of 5409?

Just trying to follow in your footsteps :)

I think core was about 350Mhz extra.

Can the Prema BIOS be safely flashed back to stock or is there a higher chance of bricking like with a downgrade? Thanks

As long as you use the stock BIOS & EC offered here or on the blog there won't be any problems.

My ram don't want to raise... when I change the timings they return to the original value and I can't rise the speed value :(

All explained here:

Tutorials | Prema Mod

• 5 months later...
Hi Prema,

my bios is 1.00.04 and ec 1.00.05, can I directly flash your lastest bios (v2)? Or instead I need to upgrade to 1.00.05, 1.00.06, 1.03.02, 1.03.03 and finally your bios?

Thanks in advance

On this system, yes. Just make sure you follow the readme incl. the "remove AC Power after the flash part"...

ENJOY! :)

• 3 years later...

Hello everyone,

It is my first post on this forum. I want to ask how to obtain newest bios for Clevo W230ST? I have installed mod from Prema ( I think it is a v2) but it is a quite old mod and I cant make some changes like undervoltage of procesor cores. Why I have do that? Last week my procesor was burned exactly HD4600 inside graphics. By decreasing voltage tension I try to lower little bit temperaturę of procesor cores. If someone have last dedicated bios mod by Prema please send me link for those files or send me it on my email.

regards

Robert