MSI GT60 problem

omega939

my nb have a problem. It started last week. I was about to format my drive c, but before doing the procedure I went to bios settings and

use the keyboard. The "esc" button wont function unless I use an external keyboard which I did. After re-enterring in bios, it seems that

the menu screen "save the current settings yes or no" message appears so many times as if there's something stuck up (always pops out) on

the steel series keyboard...

Even when using an external Keyboard I can't do anything about it.. So I used Gold/Memtest to see if memory have faulty address. It was

running fine for 5 minutes then afterwards the nb shuts down or restarts.. To my curiosity, I replaced the power grid with the battery but

Even when I put the battery, the problem persist....What is happening with my NB?

I also cleaned my gpu/cpu heatsink and pasted with ic diamond so there's no heat issue in it still the problem is there ... Any technical feedback could be of great help... thanks guru's

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Found the culprit to my problem.. It's the faulty "esc" button keyboard thats causing the trouble to my nb. Had it double check by MSI tech people. They said the keyboard is grounded, causing the nb to operate in an abnormal state-restart while installing fresh windows, and halting the gpu-mxm card undetected in windows.

The keyboard is replaced by a new one and it's okay now. I am relieved that the problem is gone and playing in ultra max settings in some dx11 games. I love my NB with its raw power gpu. Cheers :bananadoggywow: