msi gx70 cpu change

goofballs

Hello, I picked up the laptop model in the title and its quite a nice computer but I think I'm experiencing quite a bit of cpu bottling as the amd cpu doesn't seem to be really able to cut it. When I was buying the laptop I figured it wouldn't be that big a deal but it is. So anyway I figured I could just replace the part but I don't know if I can do that easily or not or if I have the power supply spare for a better chip or for that matter what chip would fit in the slot. So I figured I would ask this forum after failing to find obvious answers on google

So in order,

Is replacing cpus in msi laptops any more complicated than in other laptops

Are and which intel cpus are compitible with the gx70

Is the powersupply going to be an issue

Cheers.

Hello, I picked up the laptop model in the title and its quite a nice computer but I think I'm experiencing quite a bit of cpu bottling as the amd cpu doesn't seem to be really able to cut it. When I was buying the laptop I figured it wouldn't be that big a deal but it is. So anyway I figured I could just replace the part but I don't know if I can do that easily or not or if I have the power supply spare for a better chip or for that matter what chip would fit in the slot. So I figured I would ask this forum after failing to find obvious answers on google

So in order,

Is replacing cpus in msi laptops any more complicated than in other laptops

Are and which intel cpus are compitible with the gx70

Is the powersupply going to be an issue

Cheers.

1. Replacing the CPU's is very easy, just unscrew the bottom - remove the fan screw and remove the fan - remove the heatsink by unscrewing the three screws and replace the CPU.

2. No intel CPUs are compatible as it only supports AMD

3. How many watts does your current powersupply have?

People have bought a10-5750m engineering samples with unlocked multiplier so that's your best bet if you want better CPU-performance.

2. No intel CPUs are compatible as it only supports AMD

Oh, well that's most unfortunate. I took apart my old msi earlier to check that it would be simple and it was but the amd chipset seems to be a real issue as far as I can tell. Maybe I can eventually put a better amd in.