680m sli vbios

pdogg93

Ok so I've had only 1 680m in my m18x r2 for a few months and just today i received my second card. My master card has the following vbios: 80.04.5b.00.02 and I'm guessing that's slv7's unlocked one. So... I check the vbios version of my newly arrived card and it states it the same version. I'm not sure how this is possible if i haven't flashed it yet? I guess I wouldn't care if the core clock of my new 680m went above 719mhz...

what's the proper procedure here? Am I not supposed to flash the new card so both vbios' match? Or is there a newer version of the unlocked vbios I should be using? Thanks for all your help in advance.

So... I check the vbios version of my newly arrived card and it states it the same version. I'm not sure how this is possible if i haven't flashed it yet?

Totally possible, you got the stock version of that vbios. :) Dell just never released it for everyone.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok so I've had only 1 680m in my m18x r2 for a few months and just today i received my second card. My master card has the following vbios: 80.04.5b.00.02 and I'm guessing that's slv7's unlocked one. So... I check the vbios version of my newly arrived card and it states it the same version. I'm not sure how this is possible if i haven't flashed it yet? I guess I wouldn't care if the core clock of my new 680m went above 719mhz...

what's the proper procedure here? Am I not supposed to flash the new card so both vbios' match? Or is there a newer version of the unlocked vbios I should be using? Thanks for all your help in advance.

Hey man. Did anyone respond to you yet? (Maybe via PM). Well, let me know, because in case you still need it I'll pass you a step by step simple guide to flash your 680m babies to an awesome slv7 vbios.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• 1 month later...