6990m high stock frequencies

Hello all. My 6990m from my M17x R3 failed last week after 1 year of use. I went with my laptop in service and they've changed my graphics card to another amd 6990m. Casually i opened gpu-z and i saw that the frequencyes are diferent...the old 6990m had gpu clock 740 and memory 900 and the new card has 825 mhz with 1000mhz and it presents itself more cooler in games 65-70 (75-78 old card) Celcius and 52-54(60 old card) in idle.Is this a revision or something? i do not understand, the guy from service said it's the same card. I only have 1 more year of waranty and i am scared not to burn it again. I do not overclock i just render and play casually dota 2 and starcraft 2.

post-3313-1449499537216_thumb.gif

As long as it isn't overheating, I can't see a problem with a free over clock. :-)

Out of curiosity, what's the voltage it runs at?

Sent from my HTC Sensation

how can i check that? with what program?

hwinfo32 works. Be sure to run a game while it's running and then check out the Max GPU voltage it gives.

I hope furmark is ok for you to tell. I've tried to overclock it and it works only with shaphireTrixx. I can go as far as 850 for gpu and 1100 for memory, higher than that the display driver starts to crash.

post-3313-14494995376518_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...