7970m dies?

neklec

I had problems with one of two mine 7970m .

When I try to start games and to watch movies, I see only the gray screen, even when I start HWINFO also gray screen!The laptop is completely frozen and no buttons react, it is necessary to do rigid switching off. Artifacts aren't present.

Temperature was about 76 degrees.

I tried reinstallation of drivers, didn't help.

Whether it is possible to restore operability of the card in any way? Any help is welcomed!

P.S.

When the laptop works only from the battery (PSU is disconnected from the socket), I can watch movies and start game, but the clocks of 450 Mgz only will be natural.

and what nothing can be made?

The card works, I watched the movie and now I write the message, the truth on the battery!

Artifacts aren't present.

Likely tomorrow I will try to bake the card)))

Happened to me last week. One card failed on me, it did the same thing it did to you. It can run at low performance such as on battery but it cant run for more than 10 sec on high performance. It just freeze the computer. I had to hard reset.

I recommend you to use your warranty and change the gpu

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Happened to me last week. One card failed on me, it did the same thing it did to you. It can run at low performance such as on battery but it cant run for more than 10 sec on high performance. It just freeze the computer. I had to hard reset.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Was your card overclocked as well? What cards are these btw Dell or Clevo?

My guarantee ended 1 a month ago, I bought cards from upgradeyourlaptop.

Though I precisely don't know how many at them a guarantee, 3 months or 6? Who knows?