Weird Pixel Discoloration When Changing P-States

Hackintoshihope

As title says I get weird pixel discoloration when my gtx 680m changes p-states.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6807[/ATTACH]

Edit: Pixels change back to normal after p-state switch. What could be causing this it is very annoying.

I had a defective mobility 9600 do something similar. It would run with similar artifacts cold, but stop when hot. This is definitely a hardware issue somewhere, likely the 680m. I suspect the BGA needs to be resoldered. The oven trick is usually a temporary improvement, while a complete BGA reball is required for a permanent fix (GPU removed, solder points redone, then resoldered to card).

Was the card like this when you received it, or have you had it for a while and you just started seeing this?

You can use Nvidia inspector to force the card to stay in certain P-states to avoid the transitions, but if that works for now I suspect the card will become worse over time.

Unless you can return the card I suggest just forcing P-states and hope things don't get worse. Keep temperatures down to avoid stressing the BGA more.

It's unlikely to help, but also try the card on an external monitor.