lower perfomance than before

ashknani909

i used to play dota 2 on highest settings but now i barely play on medium settings i dont know what happened i actually could play it without overclocking and it was pretty smooth and now with overclocking ( bios not unlocked ) i barely manage to play on medium settings so any ideas guys ;( ?

I had that problem. Sometimes it's Nvidia Optimus messing up, but for me it was straight overheating. Once I cleaned the dust out of the fan it improved a lot. An external monitor also raised my fps, for whatever reason.

Hi There, I too had the same problem with my M14xr1. Every game slowed down to a halt. After doing several checks, I decided to follow this guide: Alienware M14x Disassembly/Teardown and Upgrade Guide! and discovered my entire vent is stuck by a stupid layer of dust. After removing, I conveniently repasted my thermals. Now everything runs smooth as butter even with turbocharged on. I strongly recommend you to do the same if you have an R1 as well