M17x R2 5870's showing as 5800's

I recently bought a pair of 5870's and installed the latest drivers from ATI. Instead of showing as 5870's they show as 5800's. There is a VBIOS update from Dell for theses cards I am trying to run, but it says the 5870's are not installed. I downloaded drivers from dell, they don't work either.

Anyone have thoughts on how to get Windows to see them as 5870's?

Screenshot attached

post-8914-14494994147357_thumb.png

That's normal. Its the same on my machine. Note that it says "5800 Series" that means its a card from the 5800 series of GPU's, which it is.

I suspect that the VBIOS from Dell you are trying to flash is already flashed. The last VBIOS update allowed AMD Drivers to be used instead of Dell's which are by now extremely outdated. Go to AMD's driver page and download the latest Catalyst Mobility drivers. You shouldn't be using any Dell video driver at this point in time.