A Rebuttal...

ZaZ

Hello -

My name is ZaZ. I am a moderator at the NotebookReview forums and have been so for the past eight years. I enjoy helping others immensely and believe I've accumulated a long track record of doing so. It has come to my attention that I seem to be the focal point of some false accusations made in the introductory thread of this forum. Things usually run smoothy at NBR, but once in a while a problem arises that has no easy answer. The banning of Nando was one of these situations.

Nando has been a helpful and contentious poster for the most part at NBR. I've told Nando that myself, but Nando had some darker tendencies that needed to be reigned in. Nando couldn't or wouldn't do so. Though it has been suggested otherwise, I have had no short temper with Nando in this matter. While the ban may have seemed to come about quickly, the events that lead up to the ban have been going on behind the scenes for months via PM and therefore were not available for public consumption. I won't go into the details, but Nando was banned because Nando was doing things repeatedly that I and our lead moderator Charles asked Nando not to do. Nando was in effect advocating people void their warranty without telling them. As a moderator it is my job to protect forum members and I could not let this continue. Towards the end Nando was re-posting content I had previously deleted, as I told Nando I would do, and publicly questioning my integrity. At that point there was really no way forward that worked for both parties.

To say that I'm a shill for Lenovo is a total fabrication. I in fact have no relationship with Lenovo at all, other than spending my hard earned money on their notebooks. I have never received any remuneration from Lenovo. People criticize Lenovo and ThinkPads every day in the Lenovo Forums at NBR, some of which I agree with and some I do not. If I were to ban people for saying things that put Lenovo or ThinkPads in a negative light, I would have banned far more people than I have to date, which would be one.

I take no joy in banning Nando. There are users in the eGPU forum at NBR, where Nando shined, that will not get help with their issues. That troubles me, but at the end of the day, I must consider and protect all members, from the computer illiterate to the genius tweakers. Thanks for reading my post and best of luck to all, including Nando.

ZaZ