P870TM-r CLEVO drivers after upgrading wifi card.

• Bios Modder
9 hours ago, varunreeves said:

My clevo P870TM-r has an older wifi card. I bought https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08MJLPZPL?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details and trying to use it. I get wifi but Bluetooth completely doesn't work. Can someone help  ?

Hi! Just insulate 54 pin on your new card (you can insulate 54 pin and 56 pin together) using Scotch tape (duct tape).

54-2pin.webp

54pin.jpg

Thanks for the quick response. So I assume I have to paste a scotch tape to cover both pins on both sides. But my question is, if I insulate it, that means it gets 0V so wouldn't that disable both wifi and bluetooth? If so why would I do that coz I want to ENABLE both wifi and bluetooth !!!!

4 hours ago, Klem said:

Hi! Just insulate 54 pin on your new card (you can insulate 54 pin and 56 pin together) using Scotch tape (duct tape).

54-2pin.webp

54pin.jpg

Thanks for the quick response. So I assume I have to paste a scotch tape to cover both pins on both sides. But my question is, if I insulate it, that means it gets 0V so wouldn't that disable both wifi and bluetooth? If so why would I do that coz I want to ENABLE both wifi and bluetooth !!!!

• Bios Modder
17 minutes ago, varunreeves said:

So I assume I have to paste a scotch tape to cover both pins on both sides.

No, only on one side. Just look on the photo.

19 minutes ago, varunreeves said:

f I insulate

19 minutes ago, varunreeves said:

if I insulate it, that means it gets 0V so wouldn't that disable both wifi and bluetooth?

No, if you isolate it, then there will be a logical 1 at this pin. Just do this and everything will be ok.

25 minutes ago, Klem said:

No, only on one side. Just look on the photo.

No, if you isolate it, then there will be a logical 1 at this pin. Just do this and everything will be ok.

Problem , my card looks nothing like your picture :(. Please see picture below and advice for my card 

IMG_shadowmountain20231126_104548_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231126_112626.jpg

On 11/26/2023 at 6:26 AM, Klem said:

54-2pin.webp

54pin.jpg

Hello klem, does that make sense ? if so why is it still not behaving properly. I get the net but bluetooth is still off ! :(. Would I need to reinstall drivers or something. Funny thing is when I change the wifi card bluetooth works 

• Bios Modder
On 11/27/2023 at 8:58 PM, varunreeves said:

Hello klem, does that make sense ? if so why is it still not behaving properly. I get the net but bluetooth is still off ! :(. Would I need to reinstall drivers or something. Funny thing is when I change the wifi card bluetooth works 

I told you about one of the reasons why bluetooth may not work. If this does not help, then it means that you have some other reason. I don't know which one. Try removing all current bluetooth drivers, then restart laptop, and install a new bluetooth drivers for your new Wi-Fi card. You may need try to install different versions of Bluetooth drivers.

Would anyone happen to know compatible  BLUETOOTH drivers for my machine and this wifi card with wifi 6E and bluetooth. I tried this driver but it doesn't work. The driver gets me wifi but not bluetooth. : 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18649/intel-wireless-bluetooth-for-windows-10-and-windows-11.html