Got a M17X Laptop as gift. How do I know if its a R2 or R3? PLEASE HELP

cmart55

Hi I got an M17X laptop for a gift and as I am not a gamer and i need of cash I would like to sell it. The laptop was custom built by my friend, it was originally for him (i think), anyways, I know it cost a lot and would like to get as much as possible for it, but as it was a gift I cant ask my friend for details on the machine. I went on ebay to get an idea of what these things are going for and saw that there were a couple different versions. So, basically I am trying to find out if I have an M17xR2 or M17xR3. Can anyone help me?

Here are the specs I was able to come up with:

Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD5870 - it has 2 of them

Hard Drive Capacity: 148GB

Processors: Intel ® Core i7 CPU [email protected]<script type="text/javascript">/* <![CDATA[ */(function(){try{var s,a,i,j,r,c,l=document.getElementById("__cf_email__");a=l.className;if(a){s='';r=parseInt(a.substr(0,2),16);for(j=2;a.length-j;j+=2){c=parseInt(a.substr(j,2),16)^r;s+=String.fromCharCode©;}s=document.createTextNode(s);l.parentNode.replaceChild(s,l);}}catch(e){}})();/* ]]> */</script> 1.73 GHz - it shows that it has 8 of these

8.00GB of RAM

3 USB Plugins<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

i think there is only 1 gard drive but not 100% sure. How do I tell what speed the RAM is? Sorry bro, I literally no nothing about gaming laptops
[06-05, 11:18] cmart55: sorry for the dekayed response, had to take a call from work
[06-05, 11:18] cmart55: The screen res is 1920 X 1200
[06-05, 11:17] cmart55: Im in he US on the East Coast
[06-05, 11:17] cmart55: no bro i really appreciate your help