Clevo P177SM-A Illuminated Touchpad LED

starlightknight

Hi everyone,

I have a Clevo P177SM-A based laptop with illuminated keyboard and touchpad. Unfortunately, the LED on my illuminated touchpad appears to have burned out, as its gone dark. The 3 LED panels on the keyboard as well as the power button LED all work fine, and the touchpad itself still functions correctly-- it just no longer lights up. On this model, the keyboard is fully customizable RGB color, but the touchpad and the power led are the 8-color LEDs.

Does anyone know how one would replace the LED light? When I look at the service manual, I can see there is a specific connector labeled for the Touchpad LED on the mainboard located underneath the keyboard that is separate than the data cable for the touchpad, but I don't see any information in the service manual at all about actually replacing any of the LEDs, what type of LED is required, or even the touchpad itself. Is there any way this can be fixed? Are the parts possible to source?

I had contacted support at my reseller, but they said they no longer have the relevant replacement parts for this model (it is now a couple of generations old).

Thanks for any input!