P150em not displaying battery life

majorwedgy

Higuys,

been fortunate enough to pick up a brand new  (old stock) P150em and it all works beautifully but for the fact the battery does not display charge. It charges fine in that running off battery lasts about 2-3 hours so the battery is fine but from day one it has said there is no charge in it. Any thoughts on what the issue could be? Tried updating bios, removing cmos battery and uninstalling the battery driver. Any help gratefully received

well turns out it has another quirk - just tried installing 4 dimms, unit will not switch on with 4 dimms filled. tried all dimms individually and tried all 4 slots individually all fine. if i use more than 2 dimm slots at the same time it will not boot - any ideas?

Are you running a Prema bios? His default BIOS mod will make the memory run in T1, even if you have lots of memory. For high speed memory with a high memory amount, command rate needs to go up to T2.

If you have 16GB at 1866 or higher, you likely need T2. Prema does have a T2 edition just for this case. If you're running the default Prema mod try the T2, then see if 4 sticks work. If you have the Clevo stock BIOS you will have T2, so don't bother with the T2 Prema BIOS.

Edited by Khenglish

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/12/2016 at 10:11 PM, Khenglish said:

Are you running a Prema bios? His default BIOS mod will make the memory run in T1, even if you have lots of memory. For high speed memory with a high memory amount, command rate needs to go up to T2.

If you have 16GB at 1866 or higher, you likely need T2. Prema does have a T2 edition just for this case. If you're running the default Prema mod try the T2, then see if 4 sticks work. If you have the Clevo stock BIOS you will have T2, so don't bother with the T2 Prema BIOS.

I dont have the prima bios and everytime i try downloading it says i cant because havent posted enough? I was only trying to install 8gb in 4x2gb chips. have now gone for a single 8gb chip works absolutely fine...