Correct Prema BIOS for P150SM-A w/ 870M GPU - v1 or v2?

Binarious

Notebook: Clevo P150SM-A

Chipset: HM87

GPU: NVIDIA 870M

CPU: 4810MQ

Current BIOS Version: 1.03.03RLS1

KBC/EC Firmware rev: 1.03.04

I have read through many threads for the answer to this and it seems to me that the v1 BIOS mod is the one I need since people have reported issues with the v2 mod when they have the 870m GPU. However, I then read one post where Prema mentions all that's needed is the vBIOS mod. The problems with this is that it didn't mention which version of the BIOS the OP used, v1 or v2. BTW, I already have Klem's vBIOS loaded on my machine. 

Now, if the v1 BIOS is the better version for my 870m rig, where can I possibly find it? 

One more thing : I have Windows 10 installed with UEFI, and I am assuming that I need to disable the UEFI before doing this BIOS update, but I just wanted to make sure. Also, Windows 10 allows you to boot into command prompt without a USB drive needed. Should I do it this way and install the BIOS from C:\ or should I use my DOS boot disc with the modded BIOS on it?

Thank you!!!

M

Edited by Binarious

Thank you Prema! I decided to flash today with v1 and it's working great! I appreciate your work more than you know! I will make a donation as soon as I can afford it. 

One thing I do not recommend to anyone is messing with Intel XTU unless you REALLY know what you're doing. I used it to undervolt my 4810MQ and my PC wouldn't boot. I had to remove the CMOS and my harddrive to even get into BIOS. 

Thank you again Prema, you're awesome!

Edited by Binarious

• 1 month later...

@Binarious have u tested the vBios mod if it fixed the Problem too (without downgrade to v1)?

@Prema I have freezes of ~1sec every few minutes in CSGO (cpu intensive game) and also tried v2 and v1 but without success...

Now im back at v2 again and reinstalled win7 with uefi and will try the undervolt with XTU like in this video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRtFy7FpQF4 can i also use Throttlestop or is there no Effect?

Also have a nvidia GTX870m and the 4810MQ in a Clevo P157SM-A (newest NVIDIA driver without OC lock)

Hope i could get some help!

Edited by hansw

Ok i don't get it fixed with these tools, i also tried some BIOS settings without any success

In XTU (with default adjustments) there is often Thermal Throttling active - when i undervolt it with -70mV it is much cooler and Throttling ist not that often, but also unstable in game...

The Cleve Hotkey is on Performance Mode and i really dont know what i can do else :(

Or is it the GPU that causes the Lags?
Please guys i need some help :ohmy:

EDIT:

if you need any more information or screenshots, just tell me!

Edited by hansw

Which vBIOS and NVIDIA driver version are you using? Do you have all the most recent chipset drivers and such? I have had no such issues. My P150SM-A is running incredibly smooth and fast. I do wish I had a bit more power and may upgrade my power brick eventually, but other than that it's great. 

I forgot to state that I decided to stick with Prema mod BIOS v1. I'm using a vBIOS mod too. I'm not sure which one it is in origin, but I got it here:

Hi Binarious,

thanks for your reply!

- im using the Kepler vBios Mod (80.04.FA.01.07), Nvidia Driver is the 375.70 (but also tried older ones 337.88)

- Intel(R) Chipset Device Software v.9.4.0.1027 from 21 August 2013 (Target PCH/Chipset: Xeon(R) processor E3-1200 v3,Intel(R) 4th Gen Core processor - Intel(R) 8 Series,C220 Series)

- i also switched back to Prema Mod v1 but same Lags/Freezes

- also tried some Sound Driver Settings without any positive effect

I attach a picture from XTU an Nvidia Inspector on Default settings while its in Windows and then playing for 5mins CSGO

Unbenannt.png

• 1 month later...