Help flashing BIOS P650SE

Xumarice

Hello, 

It recently started booting up slowly, I have an Samsung SSD 850 EVO M.2 and normally when starting my laptop it only takes about 3-5 to fully boot, it was taking between 20-30 sec (some times close to 1min) to just to show the boot logo. I figured it was maybe the Windows 10 anniversary update that was causing this. The quick way I tested this was removing the SSD and boot from another OS drive. I was still getting a very long boot time. I guess something must have went wrong in the BIOS when it was booting. I haven't been inside the BIOS since December, so I haven't done anything recent to it. I went into BIOS to just restore it's defaults, save and restart. Yet the laptop didn't restart, it just shutdown.

Now the laptop wouldn't boot, well for a good 2-3 sec and then shutting off. I started guessing that one of my RAM went bad. I removed them and tested them. The laptop would startup with some RAM in certain slots only. Which confused me because it what seems like RAM slot 1 is working, but when the laptop restarts/shutdown, RAM slot 2 & 4 is working and 1 & 3 is not. It got to the point that it wouldn't boot at all again. I resorted to remove the battery and the CMOS battery (Two times), to force a BIOS reset. Finally back in Windows and laptop running, but it still stalls at booting at times.

I contacted my reseller about the problem with my P650SE and they forwarded to their factory tech. The factory tech told me they have seen issues like mine and it was not any hardware issue.  It was BIO, EC or drivers and such. So within the email they gave me the latest 1.05.01 BIOS and EC for my P650SE, along with "how to flash docs". The documents only talk about flashing from within Windows, says nothing about how to do it from DOS. (I flashed from within Windows before on a desktop, the results wasn't pretty...) I tried looking at Prema Mod's videos to see if I can use his method of flashing, which is easier and have used before. Is it okay, if I just replace the BIOS and EC from P6xxSE_39_310_Stock.rar with the ones provided from my reseller and rename them to fit the batch files? The reseller have a lot more files included with their BIOS than Prema Mod's. (Like the reseller have 32 files, while Prema Mod has 6 files)

Hi,

Concerning your operating system, does it use UEFI boot (common feature since W8)?  If yes then the default settings on Clevo are usually not good: UEFI is disabled. Just return to bios and enable it again, make sure "windows boot manager" is default bot option.

2 hours ago, haiwepa said:

Hi,

Concerning your operating system, does it use UEFI boot (common feature since W8)?  If yes then the default settings on Clevo are usually not good: UEFI is disabled. Just return to bios and enable it again, make sure "windows boot manager" is default bot option.

Yes, it uses the UEFI boot. It is enabled in BIOS and windows boot manager is already set when I boot into BIOS.

Ok my bad, i didn't read carefully your first post.

Your reseller archive have more files surely do to the option to flash within windows.

If  your not sure about what files to use, you can grab a complet package on Clevo miror https://repo.palkeo.com/clevo-mirror/P65xSE/ .

• First make a bootable usb key, using for exemple Rufus. put then the bios files of the archive on the key's root.
  • Go to your bios and disable UEFI, select usb key for first boot device.
  • If you choose to use the download link above, you will find a "reame.txt", just follow the steps.
  • After reboot, do the same for EC.

That's what i did for my p771dm, no problem at the moment.

• Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, haiwepa said:

Ok my bad, i didn't read carefully your first post.

Your reseller archive have more files surely do to the option to flash within windows.

If  your not sure about what files to use, you can grab a complet package on Clevo miror https://repo.palkeo.com/clevo-mirror/P65xSE/ .

• First make a bootable usb key, using for exemple Rufus. put then the bios files of the archive on the key's root.
  • Go to your bios and disable UEFI, select usb key for first boot device.
  • If you choose to use the download link above, you will find a "reame.txt", just follow the steps.
  • After reboot, do the same for EC.

That's what i did for my p771dm, no problem at the moment.

Thank you. Is FreeDOS a replacement of DOS? Rufus only have FreeDOS as a option. It should work the same, right?