GPU Clock Reduction On Battery

I noticed that, when on battery, my m14x will not allow the nVidia GPU to surpass 202.5/405 mhz when I normally run it at 750/1500. Any ideas on how to disable this? I've tried toggling the advanced power settings with no luck. At this rate, I get very low FPS in all of my games. I've also noticed the GPU voltage also changes from .862 V to .812 V when on battery.

I noticed that, when on battery, my m14x will not allow the nVidia GPU to surpass 202.5/405 mhz when I normally run it at 750/1500. Any ideas on how to disable this? I've tried toggling the advanced power settings with no luck. At this rate, I get very low FPS in all of my games. I've also noticed the GPU voltage also changes from .862 V to .812 V when on battery.

There must still be a power saving setting on. In windows power settings is one, another is in your nvidia preferences and if this is the behaviour of all of these gpus on battery a solution is to edit the vbios preset speeds for power savings etc so the gpu stays at max speed all the time... @Stevenxowens792 may know more.

There must still be a power saving setting on. In windows power settings is one, another is in your nvidia preferences and if this is the behaviour of all of these gpus on battery a solution is to edit the vbios preset speeds for power savings etc so the gpu stays at max speed all the time... @Stevenxowens792 may know more.

I discovered it's the bios. In the newer bios it limits the voltage on the GPU when on battery. I could flash to battery to resolve the issue but I think I'll just leave it how it is. I would probably get less than an hours worth of gaming on battery anyway. Ah well. Thanks for your help though mw.

• Thumbs Up 1

No prob yeah your right there would be much less battery life if at full clocks but if you edit the vbios you may be able to set something a little more fitting for gaming on battery so your not so crippled on battery maybe 3/4 of your max clocks? The vbios flash might not be so difficult but if your leaving it then I agree tis what it is...