Just ordered a W230SS

---

Hello everyone I've just ordered a CLEVO W230SS here are the specs:

Chassis: CLEVO W230SS QHD+ DISPLAY

Cpu: Intel i7 Mobile 4710MQ

Thermal Paste: Arctic Cooling MX-4

Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR3-1600 CAS9 (2x8GB)

System drive: SAMSUNG 500GB 840 EVO SSD

WiFi: INTEL - Wireless N 300 mbps

I'm so excited :smilingface (52):, I will try to update you when it will arrive, I'm looking especially forward to the QHD+ display.

This is my first ever CLEVO laptop and I will be building it by myself!

Thank you guys for your attention, wonderful community

The EVO is pretty good, really good idle power consumption. I recently got that Laptop too, but I put a 1TB HDD and an 240GB Crucial M500 mSata drive. Awesome laptop considering the specs and it still gets close to 6 hrs just browsing websites and a good 2 hours doing some light gaming! It's also surprisingly light, perfect mobile gaming laptop. As a student, I really appreciate these things!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
have you tested the heat under full load? i want to buy w230ss and plan to give 4900mq but very worried the heat and power...

Just from my own experiences, as well as lots of reading, I would probably stick to a lower end processor with laptops this small. Something like the 4700 is plenty powerful, and will put off less heat.