Clevo w230st cooling upgrade idea

Timmy

Hello, i have clevo w230st with i7 4700qm heater) i added to cpu some copper heatsinks, but at idle that don't make temperature differece, in prime difference abouth 7', i ordered from ebay 2 5v fans 40x40x7mm thin 5v, one goes to cpu heatsink, 2-nd goes togpu cooling i want to install from inside of cover...but here is only 5mm of space) but i think with some modificationsi can install they)

6bb7ea8c666f.jpg

7af172f71b40.jpg

fan specs

EC4007M05CA

40x40x7mm

5v

3pin, 3wire

Med speed

4500rpm

1ball bearing

0.2amp

1.0watts

5.23cfm

21dba

sorry for my english)

• 2 weeks later...

HI Timmy,

i am new to this forum and i saw your new cooling idea - i had a similar idea (just with one top blow fan on the heatpipe over the processor) - i got an 4800mq and when playing it gets really hot. i did switch off already the turbo mode but it still is too hot. (also i cannot undervolt because intels XTU is not running under linux - and i use linux only)

did you get any good results with your idea till now ?

i was also thinking of puting a fan in the area where an Mssd is able to sit (right lower edge of your photo) and getting some air from the side (with drilling some holes)

br

bandiner

i used Cool LAboratory Liquid PRO thermal compound

• 4 weeks later...

Aren't you guys going to lose your waranty if you add random coolers to the system?

I'm not really sure if it'll fit in there. Furthermore you need to drill a couple of holes in the plastic cover.

Also, when the notebook's on the table, would it have enough space to suck the air in?

I guess, IF possible, Clevo would have done it by itself.