Sign in to follow this  
dembegama

Could use some FPS game sense advice.!!!!

Posted (edited)

I'm looking for some ways to improve my general ability of positioning, movement, and just having a good sense of what's going on around me. I have decent aim. I shoot a 135-140 in 6 tile jumbo frenzy consistently (Kovaaks) which puts me at 3500 out of about 30,000. I shoot around 1:08 to 1:10 on the Aim Botz challenge in CS:GO consistently (Watch the vid on youtube of Shroud doing it in 1 minute). The difference is I do it from further back, usually the box. That being said, I'm just getting outplayed by people online because they're better at getting the drop on me or out strategizing me once the fight has begun. And if I get third partied, forget itinternet sweepstakes software

Edited by dembegama

1. lower your sensitivity if your aim sucks, raise it if you cant move your gun in time, most pros play 400-800.
2. familiarity in the map is usually why people get the drop on you, if you play enough you will know where they come from.

3. get a better headset/up the volume so you hear footsteps.

4. higher refresh rate monitor.

5. read suggestion three again.

I wrote a guide on this on reddit. ill just copy paste the whole thing. its more than hardware and aim. it could be psychological or as you said strategical. 

I had a similar problem. Found that im impatient with my micro-flicks. I start shooting a tad bit earlier than i should and then my spray does nothing as a result. This problem can be broken down into a couple categories.

1. Trust and be patient with your shots. not all players are niKo. Trust that they will not kill you instantly. just as you would sometimes. give yourself a femtosecond to align your shot perfectly. maybe your sens is not what it has to be. find your sweet spot. Get the workshop map Training_aim_csgo2. Shoot and return to center. flick and return to center.

2. Identify the range. tap and burst and also the position your enemy is in. SPRAY CONTROL i used to think headshots are the only way to kill people fast, but naah relax four precise body shots sprayed are good too. maybe then you might figure out how to spray them in a way to land a headshot.

3. Teammates. if your teammates are lacking basics. or you might be. gunfights will get alot harder. When youve got good teammates youve got less things to worry about. A dumbass teammate running and dying instantly will compromise a position therefor not allowing you to fully concentrate on your position. In cache for example, You are the A player and your mid guy died. You need to care for two positions now. sometimes peaking together or a crossfire can significantly play a round out..

4. Perspective and Movement. Walls are your friend. use them. Position yourself well. you might see three boxes and narrow peek but your enemy might see you better. You might be standing out in the open alot. I found myself being playing like that and I am glad I figured it out. Also jiggle peaking too much or at the same rate. recognize when to peek close and when to peek wide. this decision is influenced by knowing what you are facing an AWPer or a Rifler or even how Pistols and shotguns since Deagle, USP, and Shotguns mainly enjoy standing at off angles.

5. Strategy. CSGO is like chess. position of the players affects the game. I am not talking at the macro level but at a micro scale that being just you. Keep your enemies guessing. On Cache for example, dont go to quad or headshot every single round, moreover dont change it only when you die, change it even when you think youve been doing good in that spot. Thats a mere part of the mind games pros engage in.

6. NADES. I see a number of low level players think one taps are what make a good player. 'You never want a 50/50 engagement. also tilt the odds in your favor' - TheWarOwl. a smoke here a molly here you've got a half unsettled and unstable team. that could be killed easily.

7. BREATHE. sometimes that specific game just sucks. fuck it.

8. Your Setup. I like to play on a 25" Monitor on 1600x1080 a stretched custom rest 4:3 or 16:10 is quite common and can really affect your game. Stretched on 144hz with the monitor slightly below head level. body in good position. feet touching the ground. had this gaming cafe with a plank underneath that negatively affected my game. with my elbow exactly at table height. being a wrist player my sense is a bit high with large mouse on 800dpi * 2.00 in game. Crosshair classic static at a the smallest size. Effects on Low and FXAA disabled.

9. Enemy Team. know the enemies weak points. once you are comfortable with all of the above its time to think how each individual enemy plays. an idea most helpful on T sides.

This things have a minor change but all add up to get you in the right headspace to play the game. My apologies for anything that seems repetitive. The list is not necessarily in order of importance and kinda went bezerk. it's big subject with a various factors but I like to believe this list contributes to that fundemental idea of killing people better and ranking up :) hope you get MGE soon. You can never know enough, that goes with every game.

I recently had to go through these again after I stopped. Stopped and now I strictly play FaceIt.

EDIT: might also wanna look at TheWarOwl's channel. search youtube n0thing tips, he usually narrates his mindset as he is playing. very useful. 

Edited by SoloRev