can rx

y510p ULTRABAY TO PCİE 8x

Hello to all dear visitors, 

I have been using Lenovo y510p notebook for two years but in games I think my graphic card is inadequate. After that I've bought Mini PCI-e EXP GDC and attached it to where the wireless card socket is.  However because it has x1 speed its performance is too low. Even though on tests rx460's ranks is low than rx480, it has more performance.

In x1 PCI-e port, the performance is too low and inefficient. On GPUz programme, use of memory controller is 20% but use of GPU is 100%. I mean, I've been hooked to the x1 speed.

Components : EXP GDC version 8.0 +450w PSU + rx480

I've read all pages about ultrabay, I want to buy and to share in forum.

If anyone has ultrabay to PCI-e port, I want to buy. Please help.

Thanks for everything.

Hello buddy.I'm selling my adapter.It's the latest one by gerald.it works with both amd and nvidia cards.I use it only 1 time for about an hour,i'm really bussy lately.

Bought it for 100 euro+ship(Europe) so i'm selling for the same price+shiping.

Have a great day!

Edited by JeLoStIvIq

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By PrecastFlame
      Hi, I'm having problems trying to connect a GTX 750 Ti to my Lenovo T420 using the dock EXP GDC Beast (express card version).
      My laptop: Lenovo T420
      RAM: 8GB DDR3
      CPU: Intel Core i5 2520M
      GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000

My problem is: if I plug the express card and I turn on the laptop it doesn't boot up and the screen becomes horrible, with coloured pixels and a sound like "bip-bip".
      If I try plugging the express card when the laptop is already turned on it sees the gpu, but if try installing the drivers I have to apply the modifies restarting the computer.
      I hope you understood my problem (I don't speak English very well).
      Please help me, It's making me crazy!

EDIT: I didn't say that if I plug the express card when the pc is already turned on, in the device menager there is "Error 12" on the gtx 750 ti
    • By Rocketeer
      Hello,

I have a lenovo y480 trying to set up exp gdc with mini pci-e. I followed the instructions to the letter and still my system does not detect it. graphic card i am using is a evga 1060 and windows 8.1   I am willing to upgrade to win 10 if that would make it easier, just looking for some guidance since i am a beginner at this.

Thanks
                                                                                                                                                                                         Tony
    • By DgknGkdn
      The computer I used was '' Lenovo Y510P ''. There is a '' Nvidia GT755M [SLI] '' as a display card. I have tried both ways of downloading the video card driver from both GeForce Experience and Nvidia driver site. Both kinds of graphics cards are starting to update. Later, the 'graphic driver is installed' part of the screen goes and never comes again. I can not enter Windows when I turn off the computer. I have to take format from scratch.

After formatting, Windows automatically loads a graphics card driver in 2017, trying to update the driver again, it stays black on the screen again. I have to format again.

With DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) program, I deleted the old video card driver and updated it again. But I met the same problem.

I communicated with Nvidia and stated that I had such a problem. They asked me not to install the 388.13 video card driver. That graphics card driver has been loaded without any problems. But I have the same problem with all the video card drivers out there.

NOTE: This problem only happens on Windows 10. I can update the display board without any problems in operating systems like Windows 8,8.1.

NOTE: I have been having this problem for about 2 months, before I could update my display card in Windows 10 without a problem.

The driver I am currently using is: 388.13
    • By Logan
      Hi, 

I have an XMG u705 with the an í7 4790k, a Geforce GTX 980M 8GB, G-Sync Monitor, 32GB DDR3 RAM, etc. and I am damn annoyed by both the Mainboard Bios and Vbios, because both are the cause for a ton of driver issues under Windows 10. Also I can't use my lately bought Samsung 970 Evo, even though technically there should be nothing preventing it. Heck I was even able to install Windows 10 on it, because the Windows 10 installer detected it, just not the Bios which is logically why I cannot boot from it. -.-
      So in search of a solution, I searched the web and found out that there are several mods for both bios made by devs like Prema. Unfortunately some Bios mods I found are heavily outdated, unfinished, ... or not anywhere secure and I couldn't find any location where I could download Prema's Mods for this device, especially not on his Site (just a Subscribe banner there) or his older Wordpress site (errors). There is also nothing here under Downloads/Clevo/P77xZM. 

I would be really thankfull if someone could help me.

• By High_Voltage
      In case you own a Lenovo Y410p or Y510p laptop, you might be interested in upgrading its performance by installing an external graphics card. Ultrabay eGPU adapter designed by @gerald was proven to be a convenient plug-and-play option to do exactly that. However, for a long time only an AMD-branded GPUs could be used due to limitations in the Lenovo's stock BIOS. The purpose of the modified firmware presented here is to expand the range of available GPUs by enabling Nvidia support on Gerald's Ultrabay eGPU adapter.

Huge thanks to:
      @MWichni - For efficiently assisting me during the development of this mod. By flashing dozens of BIOS builds over the course of several weeks and thoroughly describing the effects observed (or the lack thereof), he enabled me to fully understand necessary parts in BIOS structure and come up with a final solution. @svl7 - Whose unlocked BIOS / Whitelist mod has served as a basis for this modification. His discovery of a security hole in V2.07 BIOS has provided us with a convenient BIOS flashing method that does not require a physical programmer. The Unlocked BIOS and WLAN whitelist mods originally designed by him are also implemented in this BIOS mod. @gerald - For designing the aforementioned adapter. Without it, all this work would make very little sense.  
      Key features:
      Resolves the "40-second reboot" issue normally encountered while using Nvidia graphics cards with Ultrabay eGPU adapter, thus allowing all Nvidia cards to be used. Based on the latest V3.08 BIOS. Includes Svl7's WLAN whitelist removal mod - for the convenience of aftermarket WLAN card users. Includes Svl7's BIOS debug menu mod - for the ease of experimentation with newly available features, e.g. attempting to use Nvidia Optimus to pass eGPU video back to laptop's display.  
      NB! Svl7's Debug Menu is not a toy! It contains a lot of options that are either not supported or partially supported by the hardware platform and/or can disturb its normal operation or prevent the PC from booting up at all. Any of the entries not originally present in the stock BIOS should be modified at your own risk!

DISCLAIMER:
      ANY MODIFICATIONS YOU ARE APPLYING TO YOUR HARDWARE ARE PERFORMED AT YOUR OWN RISK! AUTHOR OF THIS MOD DOES NOT HOLD ANY LIABILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE RELATED TO USING THIS SOFTWARE.

Screenshots:

Installation instructions:

If things don't go right:

Error 43:
      If you intend using the GTX10XX-series Nvidia card as the eGPU (which you probably do), you are very likely to encounter the infamous Error 43 in Windows Device Manager. This is a widely known issue in the eGPU community and is not related to this particular mod in any way. Following this guide thoroughly will in most cases resolve the Error 43 issue.

Download:
      Get your copy here!

P.S.:
      Version of this mod for Lenovo Y400/Y500 models is coming soon!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.