• Announcements

• Brian

Introducing T|I Marketplace/Classifieds!   11/24/16

After a long wait, Tech|Inferno now has a Marketplace/Classifieds section where all registered (promoted and above) members can participate in selling, trading and seeking out items. This service is free to all members to use as they wish. Currently all ads last for a period of 14 days before they expire for promoted users. Those users belonging to T|I Elite, Contributor, Developer and Moderator have access to 30 day ad periods that are featured   Some easy rules to remember: Do not post multiple ads of the same product. Do not advertise here if you are a retailer or business. You must contact Tech|Inferno for advertising space. Keep ads civil, do not try to lowball members. You may contact them in private via PM if you feel their price is not to your liking. Harassing members will result in an infraction. It is recommended you have Heatware/eBay feedback to establish trading credibility.    Tech|Inferno assumes no liability for any sales posted in the Classified section. Always use common sense when buying/selling with traders and ask for their heatware/ebay feedback!   Enjoy!
TheBDog

Getting an Akitio Node eGPU Enclosure in the UK?

1 post in this topic

Hey guys,

I am pretty new here. This is my first post (I posted a similar thing on Reddit). :) I have been a long time lurker and am keen to get your guys' input on what I have to offer.

So I found the Akitio Node for sale from this UK company:

http://www.equip-u.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=45_896&products_id=20752

Seems like a legit site from what I can tell etc. And it's even linked on the Akitio official website 'Where to Buy' page for Europe (https://www.akitio.com/where-to-buy/akitio-sites). But there's nothing on their site about being in stock etc.

Now I've been lurking for a while and it looks like none of the Thunderbolt 3 eGPU boxes(apart from the Razer Core) are actually available at all in Europe yet. Am I missing anything?

TL;DR version: Is it worth ordering from these guys on the chance that they actually have it in stock?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By SeverinPlays
      Hey guys,
      I built my eGPU setup with an Akitio thunder 2 and a Zotac gtx 970 a few weeks ago. It worked pretty well, but the fans of the eGPU doesn't change speed, neither under high usage... I heard about zotac firestorm and other drivers that can control the fan´s speed, but I want to keep OS X and don't want to change to windows... So I opened the case checked with a multimeter how high or low the voltage of the fans are, but somehow I touched with both poles of the fans and the whole setup shut down. I rebooted it and the eGPU worked fine, but the fans doesn't move ant all...  I disconnected them and powered them separately and they spin! That means that it could only be a software problem.

I hope you can help me 

Severin
    • By Edward09
      Hello everyone,
      I am a newbie in this forum and I've known about eGpu for just a few days. So i want to ask you some questions. I have an HP Elitebook 8570p and this is my specs : 
       Intel core i5-3320m
       VGA: AMD HD 7570m
      I am planning to use an EXP GDC beast 8.0 and there are 2 options i am wondering : radeon r9 380 and gtx 970. I like r9 380 more because it's cheaper, but someone says it's hard to set up an AMD card for a laptop which also have AMD dGPU . IN the other hand,a GTx is easier to set up and have better performance. SO which one should i buy ?
      Another question : As I know a core I5 CPU always have integrated card Intel HD 4000 on it, but when I check in the device manager there's only dGPU Radeon 7570m. Is it possible for me to use an EGPU?
      Sorry for my English . Please help me and thanks in advance
    • By aaronloveweed
      Hi All! First thread poste here!

Very happy with my beast ..again!

m18x R2 on modded bios (SG mode needed, optimus mode igfx+dGpu)

So my msi 1060 from alezka.com (Woodzstack thank you) was arrived yesterday, fast, very well packaged , and with a bit of icdiamond7.

Removed (not very well..buyed and used a dremel for first time) the tiny metal square on heatsink , that touch ram on 1060.

put thermal pads everywhere to match heatsink space.

Absolutely do not tight or strengt too much the gpu because has on his backside a big squared capacitator that push on motherboard

Here 3dmark11 to start benching
      msi1060 (stock clocks) + 3920xm(4.2Ghz) on m18xR2 .

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/12179815

Score 13581
      GraphicScore 14934
      Physics 10877
      CombinedScore 10396

Max GPU temp 71° (at 24° t.amb).

And Here 3dMark

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/19968894

Score 9849
      GraphicScore 11547
      Physics 11182
      CombinedScore 4318

Max GPU temp 71° (at 24° t.amb).

Superposition benchmark
      GPU max temp 72°

Now I'm start to look if performance is aligned with other 1060's powered laptops.

All suggestion are very welcome!

Bye All!
    • By Aladin68
      Have Clevo P170SM and working music and video production. Processor: Intel core i7 4800mq 2.7GHz with turbo boost up to 3.7GHz x8 (47W), Graphic: Radeon R9 M290X 256BIT 4GB DDR5 (100W) + Intel HD 4600, Memory : 24GB DDR3 1600MHz, SSD 3x Samsung Evo 1tb,  and interested for upgrades, so if somebody have experience with GPU NVidia GTX 1070M 8GB (150W): https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/gtx-10-series-mobile-reveal/ and CPU AMD Ryzen 7 1700 (65W) : http://www.trustedreviews.com/amd-ryzen-7-1700-review. Of course I will have to change memory with DDR4-2400, but question is, will the 230 watt power adapter be enough and should I expect some more problems (except money) to do that. Thank's in advance.
    • By VictorS
      Someone can Help me to configure my DIY for eGPU??

My Notebook:  Dell vostro 5470, Dedicated card: 740m

Don't start when connected to eGPU

My version of BIOS is A12