EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
TheBDog

Getting an Akitio Node eGPU Enclosure in the UK?

Hey guys,

I am pretty new here. This is my first post (I posted a similar thing on Reddit). :) I have been a long time lurker and am keen to get your guys' input on what I have to offer.

So I found the Akitio Node for sale from this UK company:

http://www.equip-u.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=45_896&products_id=20752

Seems like a legit site from what I can tell etc. And it's even linked on the Akitio official website 'Where to Buy' page for Europe (https://www.akitio.com/where-to-buy/akitio-sites). But there's nothing on their site about being in stock etc.

Now I've been lurking for a while and it looks like none of the Thunderbolt 3 eGPU boxes(apart from the Razer Core) are actually available at all in Europe yet. Am I missing anything?

TL;DR version: Is it worth ordering from these guys on the chance that they actually have it in stock?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By TheLoser1124
      Hello, A couple of days ago I got a new GPU but when I installed it into my computer I was unable to use it but now I know why. When checking the device manger I went into the events tab of my GPU when I went to view all events, I noticed an error it said " event 411 kernel PnP " and It also said Problem Status: 0xC01E0438. I believe this is why my GPU hasn't been working on my PC. If you know how to fix this problem or have info on how to fix this problem that would be greatly appreciated. I'm also using a EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660.
    • By TheLoser1124
      I'm having a problem where my PC is saying my eGPU is not usable, its detected in the Device Manager and it doesn't have the yellow triangle next to it. I cant use it games and the Nvidia Control Panel doesn't recognize it either. I'm using a EVGA NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660. I'm using windows 10 and I tried DDU and reinstalling them and now I cant access the nvidia control panel. The GPU is not recognize on any other apps and I went on *********** and was unable to find my answer, Any help on how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated.
    • By Radstark
      Title sums it up.

TL;DR: we have a Clevo that runs a desktop CPU, one with those huge 82 Wh batteries. We remove the GPU and let it use the CPU's integrated graphics. How much time for the battery to go from 100 to 0? Is it comparable to an ultrabook's?

I'm theorizing a mobile set with a static eGPU and an upgradable CPU. Given a hypothetical user that needs fast processing on the go and long battery life while retaining very high degrees of mobility, but at home wants a powerful machine to run most games, I guess that would be their best bet. It would surely be more convenient to keep everything in the same disk. And even though the thing would be quite heavy to carry around, changing CPU would be more cost-efficient than changing an entire laptop. (Not sure if I'm right here, and also I'm not sure whether the motherboard in a Clevo would be replaceable when the new CPU needs a different socket, which is another reason why I'm asking here.)

If my above guesses aren't correct, then an ultrabook with Thunderbolt and without a dedicated GPU would be a better choice. If they are, then we would be carrying more weight in exchange of a more cost-efficient setup, which I think would be a fair tradeoff.

Also I am aware of the heating problems that these laptops suffer from, at least compared to a desktop setup. Would they be solved by moving the GPU out of the chassis, and instead plugging it with an eGPU dock via Thunderbolt port?

What do you think? Is it doable? If not, why?
    • By juquinha
      Hi!

So, i got a strange situation here. I have an old Asus ROG G751JM laptop connected to an old Samsung monitor (Model S20C301L) through a VGA connection.
      This monitor supports both DVI-D and VGA inputs, while my laptop can output through VGA, HDMI or Thunderbolt/Mini DIsplayport. I wanted to upgrade to digital signal, so i bought an Thunderbolt/Mini DIsplayport to DVI cable.
      At first, it was a nightmare. There was absolutely nothing i could do to get it to work. I spent hours troubleshooting, but the monitor just could not detect any signal, only VGA one. But then this happens.
      I was testing with only one connection at once and i got tired of plugging and unplugging the cables every time. So i had the idea to keep both cables plugged in and change the source detection in monitor's menu when i wanted to. So, with the TB/MiniDP cable already connected, i've then connected the VGA cable (while DVI was selected as input source). The display started flashing. After 2 seconds, voilà, it was working. And i was like, "what the f***???" I've then unplugged the VGA cable, signal lost. Plugged it again, got digital signal.
      Well, i'm happy that it's working now, but i simply don't understand what's happening here. Why is that i need both connections simultaneously to make it work? WIll that still happen if i use a HDMI to DVI cable?
      Fun fact: the image displays only after windows startup. So, if i want to enter BIOS setup for example, i need to switch back to VGA as input source.
      Sorry for my english.

Update: Can't run games with It, i get bsod.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.