Latest News
  • Apologies for the downtime. We had to update our backend and theme.
  • We will continue pushing updates.
  • Apologies for the downtime. We had to update our backend and theme.
  • We will continue pushing updates.
TheBDog

Getting an Akitio Node eGPU Enclosure in the UK?

TheBDog    0

Hey guys,

I am pretty new here. This is my first post (I posted a similar thing on Reddit). :) I have been a long time lurker and am keen to get your guys' input on what I have to offer.

So I found the Akitio Node for sale from this UK company:

http://www.equip-u.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=45_896&products_id=20752

Seems like a legit site from what I can tell etc. And it's even linked on the Akitio official website 'Where to Buy' page for Europe (https://www.akitio.com/where-to-buy/akitio-sites). But there's nothing on their site about being in stock etc.

Now I've been lurking for a while and it looks like none of the Thunderbolt 3 eGPU boxes(apart from the Razer Core) are actually available at all in Europe yet. Am I missing anything?

TL;DR version: Is it worth ordering from these guys on the chance that they actually have it in stock?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Bananenbrot hellcase.com
      Hallo Leute,
      Ich habe mir zu Weinachten eine Akitio Thunder 2 mit einer EVGA GTX 1060 6gb für meinen late 2013 IMac mit einem 120W AC Adapter von Leicke geholt.
      Zu meinem Problem, Ich habe alle mögliche Treiber probiert ich habe mein Windows zweimal neu aufgesetzt und
      habe verschiedene Sachen im Geräte Manager deaktiviert. Was kann ich da jetzt noch machen das die evt. doch geht?
      Danke schon mal im voraus
      Harry 

• By Diego G.
      So my laptop (latitude e6430) has an expresscard, so I wanted to get a eGPU for it. I did some research, and already got the adapter, but theres one thing I need. I need to know what is my TOLUD and what GPU should I buy for it, respectively. Here I attach a screenshot of my device manager and my laptop's specs so that someone may help me. If I got this right, my tolud should be 3.5Gb. Is this true, and if so, what GPU should I buy?
      Processor: i7-3520M
      RAM: 8GB
      note: sorry that the screenshot is in spanish, but I dont think that should matter

• By xerman
      Hello all! Im posting this here in hope to receive some orientation or help regargind my egpu project.

I have my old and trusted Acer 5750G and I’m still using it everyday for work. I’m a photographer and it has worked quite well with some upgrades:
      -Upgraded i5 to i7 2630qm.
      -Upgraded ram, 8gb to 16 gb.
      -Upgraded HD to SSD.

Some facts:
      – I have the unlocked bios so I was able to set the mpci port as “hot pluggable” and I can also deactivate the dedicated nvidia 630m from the bios itself.
      – I have bough this case [PCIe PCI-E EXP GDC External Laptop Video Card Dock / Laptop Docking Station (Mini PCI-E interface Version) ] that will arrive home in 10-15 days.
      – I have ordered a wifi usb card.
      I was thinking in getting a nvidia 1060 6gb and plug it to my old laptop using the mpci port. I ask for your advice and knoledge regarding this:
      1- Is this a good card choice?
      2- Will I face any problem with my setup or there is something important I should take into consideration?
      3- Will software that uses CUDA (photoshop and premiere, for example) get reinforced with the new card?
      4- How much processing power will get lost for the “small” port I will be using?
      Thanks a lot again, and sorry for my english mistakes!!
    • By ShineGlizzy
      Hey whats up guys and gals? New member but have been researching here for quite some time.
      I have a...

2011 Alienware M17x R3
      i7-2630QM CPU
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 460M GPU
      Windows 8.1 Pro x64

I happened to find a good deal on ebay after a heated bidding war lol. So basically I want to upgrade the GPU to get a liitle more performance out of her. A few games have some terrible lag as Im playing. Ive been looking on ebay and doing research on a new one for the past couple weeks. Should I go with a 580m or save the extra money and get a 680m or a 780m? Something along that line. I dont wanna spend too much on a newer GPU. Any opinions would be appreciated!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.