Latest News
  • Apologies for the downtime. We had to update our backend and theme.
  • We will continue pushing updates.
  • Apologies for the downtime. We had to update our backend and theme.
  • We will continue pushing updates.
TheBDog

Getting an Akitio Node eGPU Enclosure in the UK?

TheBDog    0

Hey guys,

I am pretty new here. This is my first post (I posted a similar thing on Reddit). :) I have been a long time lurker and am keen to get your guys' input on what I have to offer.

So I found the Akitio Node for sale from this UK company:

http://www.equip-u.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=45_896&products_id=20752

Seems like a legit site from what I can tell etc. And it's even linked on the Akitio official website 'Where to Buy' page for Europe (https://www.akitio.com/where-to-buy/akitio-sites). But there's nothing on their site about being in stock etc.

Now I've been lurking for a while and it looks like none of the Thunderbolt 3 eGPU boxes(apart from the Razer Core) are actually available at all in Europe yet. Am I missing anything?

TL;DR version: Is it worth ordering from these guys on the chance that they actually have it in stock?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By KARTAL
      Hi .
      İ need your hepls. Firstly my notebook model is lenovo z500.
      Intel Core i7 3632QM
      gt645m g.
      i could not find information abouth z500. Does eGPU work on Lenovo z500 ? 
    • By Arman
      Hello! My name is Arman! I from Armenia, and sorry for my English!
      I have iMac Late 2013 with Intel core i5, 8Gb, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 1024 Mb. I have Boot Camp installation on my iMac (now i have 7 Windows, but i can update it to 10 or 8 Windows) 
      I  discover that there is an Akitio 2, wich can use with iMac 2013 for productivity increase. I want to use akitio 2 with GTX 1050 ti 4Gb, but i dont know how it is intalling on iMac?
      Who can write for me the process of installation ALL equipment (akitio 2 + GTX 1050 ti + imac)? What i must to do? I talking about from the very beginning to the very end. 
      PLEASE everyone, help me. You are my last chance !!!!

• By Brian
      So now that we've had ample time to digest all the new AMD Vega 56/64 reviews and information, lets start a discussion about them. Performance wise, the Vega 56 more or less equals a GTX 1070 while the Vega 64 lines up with a GTX 1080. However, to many people's dismay, the Vega 64 is far too overpriced with the cheapest one currently available on Newegg being an XFX one for $689 which is nearly the same price as a GTX 1080 Ti but about 35-40% slower. 

In addition, both the Vega 56 and 64 use more power than their counterparts and this especially applies to the Vega 64 with it nearly consuming twice as much power as the GTX 1080. Some of the reasons I've read over the internet from Vega buyers for their purchases are the ability to utilize their FreeSync monitors as well as some Linux uses. 

I know our community here also utilizes desktop GPUs for eGPU uses and AMD does support eGPU now so with that in mind, do you plan to purchase a Vega 56 or 64 and if so, why?