• Announcements

• Brian

Introducing T|I Marketplace/Classifieds!   11/24/16

After a long wait, Tech|Inferno now has a Marketplace/Classifieds section where all registered (promoted and above) members can participate in selling, trading and seeking out items. This service is free to all members to use as they wish. Currently all ads last for a period of 14 days before they expire for promoted users. Those users belonging to T|I Elite, Contributor, Developer and Moderator have access to 30 day ad periods that are featured   Some easy rules to remember: Do not post multiple ads of the same product. Do not advertise here if you are a retailer or business. You must contact Tech|Inferno for advertising space. Keep ads civil, do not try to lowball members. You may contact them in private via PM if you feel their price is not to your liking. Harassing members will result in an infraction. It is recommended you have Heatware/eBay feedback to establish trading credibility.    Tech|Inferno assumes no liability for any sales posted in the Classified section. Always use common sense when buying/selling with traders and ask for their heatware/ebay feedback!   Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alexwarren123

M17X R2/3/4 BAD GPU BIOS

1 post in this topic

Hi All,

I have recently purchased a dell 770m to revive my M17X R3 with a broken 580m inside.

• I have flashed it to the unlocked A12 Bios, Disabled integrated graphics, set the display mode to PEG, and disabled integrated audio.
  • It could boot with the 770m but it was not detected, so the vbios needed flashing. I tried flashing to a 770m Dell vbios, however the PC will not boot with the GPU in now.
  • Upon doing a blind flash back to the default A12 bios, I can get the laptop to boot without a GPU, but with a GPU it hangs on the red bar on the bios splash screen.
  • I need to know how to blind flash my GPU back to a working BIOS, every attempt using END+power in just seems to reset the default bios, re-enabling iGPU etc.
  • I have a memory stick prepared with a better 770m BIOS along with nvflash and an autoexec.bat file, however I cannot get it to boot as it just hangs on the splash screen with the GPU in.

Thanks,
Alex

TL;DR - GPU has a bad BIOS, how do i re-flash it if it can't boot.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By yugioh
      Hello, 

Lenovo system update installed an update. Also my wifi was unstable so I downloaded the official intel update tool and tried to install the new driver for the wifi. The intel driver installer tried to install the new driver but it was unsuccessful and said reboot required before installing the driver, I rebooted the Z510. Then after reboot it automatically went to the bios. and I exited not saving the changes. 
      ... and black screen.
      I don't even get the lenovo logo. NOVO button cause black screen too.
      What I have done: 
      - opening the laptop and unplugging the battery and holding the power button for 15 second and turning it on with AC adapter
      - changing the ram 
      - removing the hard drive
      - replacing the laptop monitor with another 
      - plugging external monitor and try it 

not luck  
      Also, when I turn it on I noticed that the backlight of the screen blinks approximately every 2 seconds, as if it is some kind of corrupted boot loop. 

please help me I am student and I need my computer and I do not have money to buy a new one at the moment

If you need more information please don't hesitate to ask,
      I really appreciate your help,

• By hoani
      Hi,

I have upgraded my P170EM with a 970M a couple of years ago. I used the vBIOS from @Prema and his v2 BIOS.

Has shown on many thread, the v3 bios is not public and I have to stick with the v2 so I modded my infs for upgrading my nvidia drivers.

Upgrading from win7 to win10 was quite difficult and after many tries and fails, I managed to get a v359.13 version working properly.
      I modded the inf by myseft experiencing methods grabbed from many sources. I must say that this is not as simple as some says... Every version, the infs to be modded changes and sometimes it works, sometime it don't.

I then try to work with @J95, posting my difficulties on his inf mod dedicated thread.

All his releases are dedicated to "non-optimus" clevo laptop and thus are not working out of the box with my P170EM. He kindly tried many hacks to make his modded drivers work with the P170EM without success.

The only thing that work completly today is the v359.13.... And I had to revert back from the win10 anniversary edition to have at least the discrete GPU to be active. All my tries on drivers differents from 359.13 on non-anniversary edition of win10 would have the dx10/11 not working on discrete GPU or the dx9 not working on discrete GPU.

I can't count the hours I spent DDU my drivers, modding, trying, failing, retring.... This is a real hassle. Now I don't even want to try the new driver... But sometime I need to upgrade, especially for the optimisation available for the new games I can buy.

That's why I'm asking @Prema whether he could think about releasing the v3 BIOS for P170EM public ? I would also be OK with the option to be able to purchase it for a reasonable price.

Thanks in advance for your reply !
    • By J95
      Please follow the instructions below.
      • Specs.
      • Device manager ->Display Adapters ->Details ->Device Description ->Hardware Ids, post results (request).
      - Extract downloaded driver using 7-Zip/winrar.
      - Extracted Nvidia...International\Display.Driver folder\ -> copy/overwrite nvdmi.inf
      - Nvidia...International folder\ -> run setup.exe
      - Windows 8 - disable driver signing
      Command Prompt (Admin) Win key + X Type:
        bcdedit /set {current} testsigning yes -> "The operation completed successfully" ->reboot ->Install drivers.
      Exit test mode, cmd (admin).
        bcdedit /set {current} testsigning no ->reboot.
      - Use DDU to remove previous drivers/GPU installations (Nvidia & AMD), create restore point then select first uninstall option (safe mode).
      GeForce 334.89 WHQL
      Modded nvdmi.inf v334.89 AW M17XR2/R3/R4 3D + M18XR1/R2 GTX 680M / 780M
      Modded nvdmi.inf v334.89 AW M18XR1/R2 GTX 680M / 780M SLI Enabled
      - - - Updated - - -
      Quadro Notebook Driver 334.95
      PhysX 9.13.1220
      - Extract
      - Nvidia...International folder\ -> delete the following folders:
      Display.NView
      Display.Update
      Display.Optimus
      NVWMI
      - Display.Driver copy/overwrite nvdmwi.inf
      - Nvidia...International\ -> run setup exe
      - Install Physx -> reboot
      Fire Strike NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3940XM,Alienware M17xR4
      [
      nvdmwi.inf_v334.95_AW_M17XR2_R3_R4_3D_M18XR1_R2_GTX_680M_780M.zip
      nvdmwi.inf_v334.95_AW_M18XR1_R2_GTX_680M_780M_SLI_Enabled.zip
    • By 750dmg
      Hi guys,
      I succesfully flashed v2 vbios from prema and I tried 1v and and oc but I couldnt. I think it was power suply. Mine is 230w. And I tried 0.75 0.50 0.25 and 0 volt. But now I m trying game, benchmark screen goes dark and after beeping at 0 volt. Is this a hardware damage? I used just 1v max.(temperature max 70c)
      I tried
      cmos reset
      DDU
      Xtu uninstall
      And come back to stock vbios
      I think my card is dying
      Please help me!

• By Waffelen
      Hi guys,

As the title say i have an old m15x with a 920xm, 8gb ram and just got a 770m to boost gaming perfomace but the drive wont install.

When I run GPU-Z I see the attached image which are all the correct stats of the card but not really the card and HWINFO64 is showing that its the correct card but again not anything else.

I've read about .inf issues and about vbios flashing but dont know how to do either or which would be best to try.

Any ideas which (if either) could be my problem and how to do either task or how to go about more trouble shooting. Any more info required just ask. Any and all help much appreciated.

I just want to play total warhammer:-(