• Announcements

• Brian

Introducing T|I Marketplace/Classifieds!   11/24/16

After a long wait, Tech|Inferno now has a Marketplace/Classifieds section where all registered (promoted and above) members can participate in selling, trading and seeking out items. This service is free to all members to use as they wish. Currently all ads last for a period of 14 days before they expire for promoted users. Those users belonging to T|I Elite, Contributor, Developer and Moderator have access to 30 day ad periods that are featured   Some easy rules to remember: Do not post multiple ads of the same product. Do not advertise here if you are a retailer or business. You must contact Tech|Inferno for advertising space. Keep ads civil, do not try to lowball members. You may contact them in private via PM if you feel their price is not to your liking. Harassing members will result in an infraction. It is recommended you have Heatware/eBay feedback to establish trading credibility.    Tech|Inferno assumes no liability for any sales posted in the Classified section. Always use common sense when buying/selling with traders and ask for their heatware/ebay feedback!   Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alexwarren123

M17X R2/3/4 BAD GPU BIOS

1 post in this topic

Hi All,

I have recently purchased a dell 770m to revive my M17X R3 with a broken 580m inside.

• I have flashed it to the unlocked A12 Bios, Disabled integrated graphics, set the display mode to PEG, and disabled integrated audio.
  • It could boot with the 770m but it was not detected, so the vbios needed flashing. I tried flashing to a 770m Dell vbios, however the PC will not boot with the GPU in now.
  • Upon doing a blind flash back to the default A12 bios, I can get the laptop to boot without a GPU, but with a GPU it hangs on the red bar on the bios splash screen.
  • I need to know how to blind flash my GPU back to a working BIOS, every attempt using END+power in just seems to reset the default bios, re-enabling iGPU etc.
  • I have a memory stick prepared with a better 770m BIOS along with nvflash and an autoexec.bat file, however I cannot get it to boot as it just hangs on the splash screen with the GPU in.

Thanks,
Alex

TL;DR - GPU has a bad BIOS, how do i re-flash it if it can't boot.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By msigt60
      Hello Everyone!
      I am lucky owner of best!  Clevo P150sm model. I buy them witchout gpu and mount my Nvidia GTX 880m 8gb mxm card, but I have a little problem :-(

My spec:
      P150sm - Win 10 64-bit
      I7-4710mq
      8gb ddr3 1866mhz
      Prema Bios (v2 for P150sm)
      ssd m-sata

I am flashed GPU to unlocked vBios - 80.04.F8.001D

In BIOS gpu detect at ,,NV GTX880m,, but in system (Device Manager) says: Microsoft Basic Display Adapter (witch yellow warning triangle)
      I'm downloaded new drivers for Nvidia website (376.33 - win10 64-bit) but I have these message: Nvidia Installer cannot continue ........

I'm reading about DEVICE ID, so I am apply these instruction:
      http://null-bin.blogspot.com/2015/08/how-to-modify-nvidia-notebook-driver.html

My device ID show:
      PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1198&SUBSYS_51061558&REV_A1

So, In nvciv.inf i have:
      %NVIDIA_DEV.1198.0377.1558% = Section030, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1198&SUBSYS_03771558
      %NVIDIA_DEV.1198.5281.1558% = Section032, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1198&SUBSYS_52811558

so, I add these lines:
      %NVIDIA_DEV.1198.0377.1558% = Section030, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1198&SUBSYS_03771558
      %NVIDIA_DEV.1198.5106.1558% = Section031, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1198&SUBSYS_51061558
      %NVIDIA_DEV.1198.5281.1558% = Section032, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1198&SUBSYS_52811558

and
      NVIDIA_DEV.1198.5106.1558 = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 880M"

But I still has a error message and can't instal any drivers :-(

Please, someone, help me! (sorry for my English)

• By technos
      I release here today my personal BIOS for the M18x R2. It is based upon svl7's unlocked A11, Swick's mods to A11, and I have changed back the boot images to default Alienware and Intel logos, as well as reverted the atheros LAN oprom back to the default version that does not take up extra boot time. All other modifications done by swick and svl7 remain intact. Copy files from zip to root of usb in a usb-dos environment, run flash.bat. Simple. Tested by me on two of my M18x R2 systems, works without issue. I take no responsibility if you brick your system, flash at your own risk. Only thing left to do is to somehow enable 2133 for sandy bridge CPU in M18x R2 motherboard.

Remember, give thanks to svl7 and swick for their initial work on this. I release this freely to the public, nobody should pay for this.

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5dGmVHDQ7iuNERzYkMwMW1RMDQ/view?usp=sharing

• By PieroAntonio
      Goodmorning everyone,
      I have for several years now an old w110er branded by Schenker in Germany.  Due to Overheating I upgraded bios with Premamod v3, after this update, the monitor began to flicker. so I did the downgrade to the original bios to revert to a working configuration. after performing this procedure as described on the notes the laptop turns on, the monitor remains black and the fan does not run. I tried the recovery operation with the bios file on usb properly renamed and turn on pressing Fn + B but nothing happens. What can I do to revive it?

I thank you in advance
    • By Kevor
      Hello everyone!
      I'm new here. I recently bought a GE62 6QF and I want to play a bit with it. I always had a passion for hardware and Overclocking, but I never tried overclocking a laptop!

I started some reading here and there about OC best practices for laptops and for this one in particular.

The dGPU in this laptop is a Gtx 970m 3gb, with a stock vbios version 84.04.91.00.0E. By default, as probably everyone of you know, the Core overclock is limited to +135mhz, and the memory to +1000mhz.
      At the moment I reached a stable situation with +135/+496, but the temperature never goes over 65°C with maximum fan speed.

What I would like to do is to push a bit further these values.

I saw some interesting vbios for similar gpus uploaded here, but unfortunately i cannot download them yet, so I would like to start a discussion about vbios modification.
      I downloaded MaxwellBiosTweaker and i would like to know if someone have some suggestions.

What i want to do first is to set the default clock to 1059MHz and Memory to 1501MHz since the gpu is very stable with this setting.
      Second i want to remove the core clock limit of +135mhz. Probably also the voltage must be increased a bit.

Here you can see my current settings

Do you think I can just apply  these values in MaxwellBiosTweaker like in the following screen?
      Since now is working without any voltage change I modified only the clocks as you can see from the screenshot

Attached you can also find the original vbios file.

Suggestions?

Thanks
      vbios.rom