• Announcements

• Brian

Introducing T|I Marketplace/Classifieds!   11/24/16

After a long wait, Tech|Inferno now has a Marketplace/Classifieds section where all registered (promoted and above) members can participate in selling, trading and seeking out items. This service is free to all members to use as they wish. Currently all ads last for a period of 14 days before they expire for promoted users. Those users belonging to T|I Elite, Contributor, Developer and Moderator have access to 30 day ad periods that are featured   Some easy rules to remember: Do not post multiple ads of the same product. Do not advertise here if you are a retailer or business. You must contact Tech|Inferno for advertising space. Keep ads civil, do not try to lowball members. You may contact them in private via PM if you feel their price is not to your liking. Harassing members will result in an infraction. It is recommended you have Heatware/eBay feedback to establish trading credibility.    Tech|Inferno assumes no liability for any sales posted in the Classified section. Always use common sense when buying/selling with traders and ask for their heatware/ebay feedback!   Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alexwarren123

M17X R2/3/4 BAD GPU BIOS

1 post in this topic

Hi All,

I have recently purchased a dell 770m to revive my M17X R3 with a broken 580m inside.

• I have flashed it to the unlocked A12 Bios, Disabled integrated graphics, set the display mode to PEG, and disabled integrated audio.
  • It could boot with the 770m but it was not detected, so the vbios needed flashing. I tried flashing to a 770m Dell vbios, however the PC will not boot with the GPU in now.
  • Upon doing a blind flash back to the default A12 bios, I can get the laptop to boot without a GPU, but with a GPU it hangs on the red bar on the bios splash screen.
  • I need to know how to blind flash my GPU back to a working BIOS, every attempt using END+power in just seems to reset the default bios, re-enabling iGPU etc.
  • I have a memory stick prepared with a better 770m BIOS along with nvflash and an autoexec.bat file, however I cannot get it to boot as it just hangs on the splash screen with the GPU in.

Thanks,
Alex

TL;DR - GPU has a bad BIOS, how do i re-flash it if it can't boot.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By Chamim
      Hei guys !
      Really need help. I have notebook, motherboard CLEVO W240HU. the BIOS from American Megatrend Inc. When I'm trying to flash my bios. it said "Bios write-proected". How can I disabling it?
      Thanks
    • By guilhrme
      Hello guys, how are you?

I got today a new graphics card for my Alienware 17 R1 (2013). The newer card is a gtx 970m. Before, the Alienware had no dedicated graphics card, but only the integrated Intel HD 4600 from processor.
      After I put the new card on laptop, I realized that the laptop wont turn on anymore. If I remove the graphics card, laptop turns on normally.
      Another thing that I noticed, is that with graphics card inside  when I plug AC adapter, the blue led of it (AC adapter) turns off. Without the card, this behavior dont happens.
      I already reseat the card a lot of times without success.

My Alienware is a R1 Model (2013) or M17x R5.

PSU: 240w
      Processor: 4910mq
      RAM: 32GB
      Battery: OK.
      Graphics Card: Alienware GTX 970m 6gb - G16E-A1
      Bios: A14 (lastest from Dell WebSite)

I dont have another card to test.

Thank you guys. I hope anyone can help me.
    • By seyed94
      Got a Alienware 17 R3 with GTX 970 M. Trying to overclock the GPU and need to download a VBIOS. Tried to download the file:
      Nvidia GTX 970m - 'OC edition' rev0.zip 1.0.0

from  techinferno site but it would not let me. Can anyone point out a site that can get me going?
      Thx

• By 613
        Boost Your MacBook Pro / Air / Mac Mini / iMac graphics performance*.   Thunderbolt 2 eGPU 20gbps, a modded AKiTiO Thunder2 PCIe Box.   220W Dell DA-2 power supply brick is included (Max TDP up to 240W).     Ready for work.   Just plug and play.   No extra moding is needed!     Supports Graphics card up to GeFroce GTX 1080!   Minimal design - modded to occupy less space.               Includes: - Modded AKiTiO Thunder2 PCIe Box                                                - 1m Active 20gbps Thunderbolt cable      - Dell DA-2 220W PSU                                   - Power cable (US)                                                         - 2x6pin PCIe to 8Pin PCie adapter       GRAPHICS CARD IS NOT INCLUDED              * Works with all Windows laptops and MacBook Pro / Air / Mac Mini / iMac with a Thunderbolt 1/2 connection. Thunderbolt 3 devices (2016 MacBook Pro etc.) need a supplementary $29 Thunderbolt 3 to thunderbolt 2 adapter.  
    • By faldinv
      Hello, i have barebone laptop MS-16F3. I buy this from computer seller company with brand name Forsa. I think this company just import this laptop and rebrand it. The real name is Rabook Firebook F640.

Okay, i want to ask, can i update my BIOS Laptop with MSI GT60 BIOS? Because i can use the driver for MSI GT60.

Sorry for the bad english, thanks for respond