Latest News
  • Apologies for the downtime. We had to update our backend and theme.
  • We will continue pushing updates.
  • Apologies for the downtime. We had to update our backend and theme.
  • We will continue pushing updates.
Sign in to follow this  
alexwarren123

M17X R2/3/4 BAD GPU BIOS

Hi All,

I have recently purchased a dell 770m to revive my M17X R3 with a broken 580m inside.

• I have flashed it to the unlocked A12 Bios, Disabled integrated graphics, set the display mode to PEG, and disabled integrated audio.
  • It could boot with the 770m but it was not detected, so the vbios needed flashing. I tried flashing to a 770m Dell vbios, however the PC will not boot with the GPU in now.
  • Upon doing a blind flash back to the default A12 bios, I can get the laptop to boot without a GPU, but with a GPU it hangs on the red bar on the bios splash screen.
  • I need to know how to blind flash my GPU back to a working BIOS, every attempt using END+power in just seems to reset the default bios, re-enabling iGPU etc.
  • I have a memory stick prepared with a better 770m BIOS along with nvflash and an autoexec.bat file, however I cannot get it to boot as it just hangs on the splash screen with the GPU in.

Thanks,
Alex

TL;DR - GPU has a bad BIOS, how do i re-flash it if it can't boot.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Arodion
      So I just installed a Clev 880m 8GB into my 2011 M17xR3 installed the modified drivers etc from Eurocom, specifically the Windows 10 drivers, the computer is actually working again fine except for the fact I have no sound, I disabled HD audio before removing the old graphics card, and installed the new card, booted it up, installed all the drivers played D3 for about 45 minutes with no sound, this was 40 minutes longer than I have ever been able to before since removing my fried 580m, and I went into the Bios to re-enable HD audio and when the PC booted I would get a solid color screen, sometimes white, sometimes yellow, and pink, but no booting past that, when i disable the HD Audio the PC works fine again minus sound, any hints on how to fix this? thank you for your time -Anton
    • By fractalawareness
      Hello everyone!
      I have Vaio Duo 13 SVD132A14L (the same as SVD13213CXB). Some time ago it became broken. The warranty is over a long time ago. I gave it to the local repair guys. They told me the problem is in the multi controller MEC1633X-AUE on the motherboard MBX-281. They bought a new controller, but can not find EC firmware anywhere. I decided to ask everywhere I can, so I'm asking here - can you please help me by providing the dump/firmware for that chip?
      Also some guy told me it's possible to extract the EC firmware from the BIOS if you know the addresses. So anything would be helpful - the BIOS dump, addresses to extract EC firmware from it, or the actual extracted EC firmware itself.
      Thank you!
      And sorry if it's the wrong forum, I've been asking everywhere and nobody can help me so I can help the repair guys that have been trying to fix my laptop for almost a year already.
    • By wazza
      Hi wondering if anyone can help!
      Pulling my hair out trying to find a new bios for my clevo p170hm3 laptop, was wanting to upgrade the bios to allow for a GPU upgrade from gtx 580m to a 780m with 3d screen.
      Was reading about the prema mod bios but cant even find them to download.

please help I'm a noob XD
    • By shbeat
      Hi, I'm looking for some help with overclocking my laptop's 960m past the 135 mhz restriction on the current vbios, which is a part of the main bios.