About This File
Bios Release Version – v2.0.0
Updated or Modded Items:
A11 UNLOCKED BIOS FOR m18Xr2 (UNLOCKED BY SVL7 AND FULL CREDIT GOES TO HIM FOR UNLOCKING!)
SVL7 Also created the PRR2.EXE tool that allows you to flash the new bios by unlocking it. (FULL CREDIT GOES TO HIM FOR THAT FILE PRR2.EXE)
Here are ALL the things I've added, modded, and enhanced on this bios -
I've added FULL LEGACY SUPPORT ON THIS BIOS with ONE or TWO CARDS (SLI). You can FINALLY use Win 7 OS on your machine and run the 900 series GPU's!
This is a MAJOR breakthrough!
- LEGACY SUPPORT Confirmed. Works with 900 series GPu's in single OR SLI formation
- Updated the Intel RST Legacy to v22.214.171.1246 (Supports TRIM in RAID0 - CONFIRMED)
- Updated Intel RST UEFI to v126.96.36.1996 (Supports TRIM in RAID0 - CONFIRMED)
- Updated the ONBOARD Video Card for the HD3xxx to v2171 - FROM v2132
- Updated ONBOARD Video Card for the HD4xxx to v2171 - FROM v2132
- Updated the LAN Firmware & PXE Boot from 188.8.131.52 to v184.108.40.206
- ADDED NvMe Support for m18xr2
- ADDED M.2 support for m18xr2
- Updated CPU Microcode to v29 for the 2900 CPU's
- Updated CPU Microcode to v1c for the 3900 CPU's
- Updated GOP Driver for Intel Sandy Bridge CPU
- Updated GOP Driver for Intel Ivy Bridge CPU
- Updated MAIN GOP Policy module for the m18xR2
- Eliminated some code that wasn't used in the m18xR2
- Updated CSM Module (v2)
- Streamline some coding to make mod(s) run a little more efficiently (v2)
- Added FPARTS.TXT to rar file in v2. (I had forgot to add it in v1)
- v2.5 to be released shortly. I've updated a few more modules that I didn't realize could be updated. (It's only 3 modules, but it's still an update!) It should be released in about a week. Hope this helps ya'll!
Instructions to flash:
- Use a flash drive to create a boot disk into dos
- Unzip ALL files into the root of the flash drive (flash.bat, r2final.bin, fpt.exe, flash.bat, prr2.exe, fparts.txt,m18r2.hdr, m18r2.hdr.bin, readmefirst.txt)
- BOOT INTO DOS – Note, that when you set the bios to legacy in order to boot into dos, you MAY have to reinstall OS! (Just be prepared to reinstall no matter what)
- Once you boot into dos, run the file flash.bat
- It will unlock your bios (THANKS TO SVL7’s BIOS UNLOCKING TOOL – ALL CREDIT TO HIM FOR THIS TOOL!)
- Let it flash…
- Reboot your pc, and enjoy the MASSIVE updates!
Be on the lookout as I do plan to release newer version with more updates in the future. However, it wont be for at least a few weeks as I'm now working on legacy support for the m17xR4 and several other systems. So please be patient!
Thread link for more information and discussion:
What's New in Version 2.0.0 See changelog
Here is version 2.0 of the bios mod.
I cleaned up some code and also included the fparts.txt file that you need to flash the bios.
Sorry about forgetting it. MY BAD!