Help needed with eGPU setup iMac/Akitio

croqodil

Hello, i'm new to this forum and eGPU and running in a problem and cant find a solution.

I'm trying build a eGPU setup with my iMac late 2011(TB1), Akitio Thunder2 and Asus GTX960, all powered by Dell DA-2 Series. I've soldered the dell to stay perma on and provide 12v for the akitio too. I can boot in Windows 10, the Setup is working as the led's on the card and Akitio stays on and the asusfans running as well. But now i'm stopped, because the Graphicscard didnt Show up in devicemanager and i cant install the Driver. (Box is working says OSX, but the GTX didnt Show up either) The only Thing i found, my Win-HD is in MBR-Mode through upgrading vom win7 i guess. And i saw some guides mentioned UEFI. Last one, i use Refit to boot in windows, just for info.

I need really some advice to get the next step, can someone help please?

greets Croqodil

Edited by croqodil

yes, i guess. with some help from a friend, i've connected the grounds and the remote all together. Second the 3 12v. And all this to a 6 pin , each for ground and 12v. And as i wrote, the fans are running.

dont know..

Try Windows 8.1, I know sounds like a headache but many are unsuccessful with eGPU on win10, while 8.1 seems to work flawlessly. I am running an akitio t2 with my early 2015 13" mbp, working great with win8.1, Windows 10 recognizes the card but won't use it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk