boot and bios problem on p151sm1

raoulator

Hi,

I bought a broken p151sm1 which doesn't want to boot.

The seller tells me he flash the motherboard with a bad bios and now the computer can't boot.

I try a lot of things (fn+b, differents bios on usb key, on DVD, try a lot of name for it ) but nothing work.

I try it with the complete pc and only the cpu and ram.

It only run for 30 seconds. After the fan go max and the three leds on the left blink one time every 3 seconds.

I think the only solution is soldering a new bios chip with the good bios.

I search it on the motherboard and i think the bios chip is here

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=764795p151sm1.jpg

but there are two same chips and i don't know which is the good one

So is it one of them ? Which is the good one ?

If I sacrifie an old pc with the same chip by flashing the bios of the clevo  and solder it  on the clevo does it run corretly ?

Sorry for my poor english .

Thanks

Edited by raoulator

IIRC the BIOS chip on this model will be the 4MB one and the ME Firmware Chip the 2MB one.

If recovery fails then you will need a running dump of a working systems chip and use that to reprogram yours with a hardware programmer.

Flashing an identical chip on an other system won't flash all areas and leave old header data untouched.

A Hardware programmer like this http://www.ebay.fr/itm/25-SPI-Series-24-EEPROM-CH341A-BIOS-Writer-Routing-LCD-Flash-USB-Programmer-JK-/262273679070?hash=item3d10babede:g:c~gAAOSwXshWsdCT

I don't know if it easy to use.

2MB, 4MB how can i find the good one ? written on it ?

If i buy a chip with the correct bios and solder it,  does it work ?

Do you know a seller who sell this kind of "chip" ?

Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...

I  change the bios and ec chips and now the laptop works fine.

I have an other problem. The 860m doesn't want to start (code 10 in Windows 7). I can't install nvidia' s drivers. Do you Know how to solve this kind of problem ? 

I want to flash the vbios but i can't find it. It's a 4gb card.  I need a maxwell and kepler bios to test. Thanks. 

Edited by raoulator