EDP Cable W230ST

huubs

I have an issue with my 230st laptop screen. I took the laptop apart to see if the EDP cable was damaged, because I assume the cable is damaged, but there wasn't any damage to see, unfortunately. My next step is to replace said cable, in the hope that it will fix the issue. I have a question regarding this cable though. Do I need to buy exactly the same cable, or can I use an alternative that is way easier to obtain?

The reason I assume the damage is from the cable, is because when the issue first started to rise I could press the right side of my laptop screen to get the image back. But after a while the laptop image went gone and there was only a black screen. If I press that part of the laptop at this moment, you see white lines popping up, sort of snow. So I guess the cable was a bit damaged and because of my actions the cable was damaged until it was broken.

• 4 weeks later...

You will have to because they updated it in the next model i believe.

Changed the layout of it.

W230ss and sd variants.

I'd call rj tech and see if they have the parts.

I am currently looking for one on my lenovo

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk