p180hm 680m upgrade

DennisG

Hello,

I have bought clevo 680m 4gb for my p180hm with clevo vbios 80.04.29.00.01. Do i have to flash that bios to prev. version or it will be ok ? Also i found that some people had good experience on p150hm with msi vbios 80.04.33.00.24( better clocks etc). Initially i had 560m sli, so I am hoping to use stock cooling for 680m from 560m. Any advise on that too ?

Thank you.

Hello, unfortunately seller send me the card with wrong vbios, at least that is what on a sticker 80.04.67.00.01 I havent made an attempt to flash it to install it. Now the big question, should I try to flash it on p180hm, is it possible ? or should i take to repair shop and flash it there ?

I pulled the trigger, flashed 680m with my 560m installed, it didn't work. I tried flashing it under dos too, gpu z not showing vbios version after successful flash and reboot. Do i need a new chip now, I am devastated.

I reflashed 680m back to vbios that came with it 00.67 version and its not disappearing in gpu z like any other. Anyway, seller send me a card with wrong vbios, even though it was the right one on a picture, here is what i dont understand, why can i flash to 00.67 but not to 00.29. on my HM system.

FIXED!!!

Ok guys, here it goes....

I had problems flashing to older vbios on my HM laptop because I had to remove WRITE PROTECTION of a 00.67 original card vbios (I couldnt find this instruction anywhere). Before you flash to whatever vbios you want, please run cmd in windows type "nvflash.exe --protectoff", after that you can reflash to 00.29 clevo or 00.33 MSI. ALSO to those who have 560m like I did, you can use your old heat sinks, all you have to do is to grind of rear cooling blocks partially and brake off single little square cooling block also at the rear section of the cooler, than cooler will install true to the gpu. If anyone interested i will post picture of 560m cooler that requires mod to fit 680m with instructions. I flashed MSI vbios on my card with, next step - OC with msi afterburner :)))